Help me decide :)
Jul 13, 2007 at 1:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

HeadBanger

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, i listen to most all rock , including alternative, classic, and punk. Bands I listen to include, Alexisonfire, Coheed and Cambria, Anberlin, The Fall of Troy, Foo Fighters, Incubus, Zeppelin, Hendrix, etc. I have about $100 dollars to spend. I can maybe stretch it to $120-130ish.

I figure I want to purchase some headphones rather than IEM's for the price to quality ratio. I'd use these mainly at home but also would like to use them when I travel ( In the car or bus) My source would be a Zen Vision: M and a iRiver H10. I have no amp nor do I intend on buying one. Ideally closed would seem better but I don't really mind as long as they fit my music the best. I can always pick up a cheap IEM for travel later on.

I have the Koss KSC75's and definitely want to upgrade on those. So far I'm searched the forums for a few hours lol, got caught in the moment. I've come to the conclusion that the Grado SR60, 80's fit my style of music. the Alessandro MS-1's have some praise as well. The Audio Technica ATH-ES7 also seem to be in this price range. Other than those I'm not sure. Any other ideas? thanks.

Jul 13, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #3 of 19
You didn't need to tell us your music, your name says it all.
I'm pretty sure that grados are the general consensus h ere for your tastes

Jul 13, 2007 at 2:50 AM Post #5 of 19
The KSC75 are awesome but sounds like you're ready to step up. I think the Alessandro MS-1 would be ideal for you.

Jul 13, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #11 of 19
You could also mod/recable your KSC75s. Some people appreciate the difference enough that they stick with them.

Jul 13, 2007 at 12:12 PM Post #12 of 19
I'm not about to mod/recable the KSC75's i happen to like the lifetime warranty the way it is
smily_headphones1.gif

I think I'm going to order the MS1's tonight when i get back from work. Thanks for the input everyone

Jul 13, 2007 at 12:22 PM Post #13 of 19
I think a choice between the ES7 and MS1 could depend on how loud the environment is.

Riding in most cars with the MS1 should be OK, unless it's a sports car with a loud engine and loud tires. I think the ES7 would work better in most buses.

Independent of isolation in terms of sound quality, I prefer the MS1 over the ES7.

Jul 13, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #14 of 19
Just be careful with the MS-1 though. One of the traditional Head-Fi nicknames isn't "The Gateway Drug" for nothing!

Jul 13, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #15 of 19
I was just listening to my sr80's and these things really have some punch to them. If you are a rocker you might want some sr80's instead of the ms1's. Just a suggestion. If it is not too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back