Help me decide which of these IEMs to buy, buying today.
Dec 16, 2017 at 12:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Testpilot

New Head-Fier
Hey folks, here's my selection so far :

Shure se215
TFZ Exclusive King
vsonic gr07
Kzs6

I have 100$ to spend, I'm looking for High quality > Isolation > Comfort.

What should I buy?

Dec 16, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #2 of 5
I haven't tried any of these, but, from reading other's reviews, the sound quality isn't that great on se215. Gr07 would be on a completely different level, especially on revealing details of the song. On the other hand, gr07 have a sibilance problem and might not suit someone who's treble-sensitive. se215 are on the darker side and significantly bass-heavy, while gr07 are more neutral. Isolation-wise, se215 are one of the most isolating dynamic driver headphones, while gr07 is somewhat below average; it's quite vented.
Gr07 seem to be the most recommended in this price range. I was choosing iems of similar price just recently, and after digging through the forum for several weeks, I was left choosing between Gr07 and HiFiMan re-400. I decided to buy re-400 because they offer better isolation (given a good seal) and should be comparable in sound quality (but more mid-centric). They are also very comfortable due to their small size and much cheaper than gr07. But I would probably still buy gr07 if not for the price.

Dec 16, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #4 of 5
I haven't tried any of these, but, from reading other's reviews, the sound quality isn't that great on se215. Gr07 would be on a completely different level, especially on revealing details of the song. On the other hand, gr07 have a sibilance problem and might not suit someone who's treble-sensitive. se215 are on the darker side and significantly bass-heavy, while gr07 are more neutral. Isolation-wise, se215 are one of the most isolating dynamic driver headphones, while gr07 is somewhat below average; it's quite vented.
Gr07 seem to be the most recommended in this price range. I was choosing iems of similar price just recently, and after digging through the forum for several weeks, I was left choosing between Gr07 and HiFiMan re-400. I decided to buy re-400 because they offer better isolation (given a good seal) and should be comparable in sound quality (but more mid-centric). They are also very comfortable due to their small size and much cheaper than gr07. But I would probably still buy gr07 if not for the price.

That's the conclusion I have arrived to as well, thanks mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back