Help me decide ... Ultimate Ears 700 or Bose IE2 or something else ?
Dec 24, 2011 at 5:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

anupam kumar1

New Head-Fier
Hello Forum!

I m a newbie and an aspiring audiophile from India.

I m looking for a entry level high-end in-ear earphones. 

The price range shouldn't exceed 220 USD (12,000 INR). 

I generally listen to Jazz, Western Classical, Rock n Roll, Blues mostly. And For hereon when I listen to my music, I want to hear every instrument played with a decent level of distinction. 

As far as my research goes (which is not much really), I have narrowed it down to:
1.Bose IE2 (@bose website costs 5200INR => 100 USD)
2. Klipsch Image x10i (@ ebay costs 12000INR => 220USD)
3. Ultimate Ears 700 (@logitech site costs 9000INR =>170USD)
4. Sennheiser CXC 700 (@ebay costs 12000INR => 220USD)

As per video reviews on various sites, I could make out that all three reproduce sound with outstanding clarity. 

As far as noise isolation and comfort goes Ultimate Ears 700 beats both x10i and IE2 hands down is what I read and heard in the reviews. I don't know how Sennheiser fairs against the other three.

However, since I have personally only heard from Bose IE2(got a demo @Bose Showroom), I don't know if the other three produce sound as good as Bose or not.

I'd really be thankful if anyone here can guide me on
  • What are the fine points that I should be looking for while deciding which one to get ?
  • Which one would reproduce the most real and accurate sound among the three ?

Dec 24, 2011 at 7:18 AM Post #2 of 5
bose tends to lean towards a warmer sound frequency, you might as well get your hands on them since you've auditioned them personally... as far as price is concerned do try the ue tf10s if they're still available on amazon....

Dec 24, 2011 at 7:55 AM Post #3 of 5
ue tf10 is the bomb no doubt. Keeping that aside for now.

Keeping that aside, I was wondering...

you know what I would really like to know ?

I would like to know that is Bose really as good as UE 700 ?

Because UE700 boasts of having a dual armature to produce 2 different sets of frequencies. Bose IE2 has nothing of that sort ... So, clearly UE700 sounds technically more sophisticated and seemingly more capable of reproducing sound in a detail that is better than what Bose can do. 

I also know that Bose IE2 is not noise isolating ... it just dampens the outside noise. Its build is also not that beautiful to look at ... but it fits well and stays in the ear... it does get uncomfortable after a while though(probably because I have to break into it first to feel comfortable). 

UE700 on the other hand offers great noise isolation, has a great build and is really quiet. 

I wish someone who has both (or has experienced both) can answer me.

Dec 25, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #4 of 5
iems aren't just better cos they have more drivers, it all boils down to musical preference. Single dynamic iems such as the ie8 and the sony ex1000 (in my opinion) sound much better than most dual BA models in the market....

Dec 25, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #5 of 5
The Bose IE2 sucks if you want isolation, they are more like earbuds.. so I heard. The X10s are slightly better than the UE700s in my opinion, better clarity, soundstage and are more comfortable. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back