Help Me Decide: Flash Player
Jun 14, 2005 at 8:57 PM Post #17 of 20
I bought the Samsung MT6X at Bestbuy a few months ago. It is a nice player for the price but it is like a "poor man's" Iaudio G3. They both do the same functions but the G3 (I5, U2) does it better.

A few things bothered me about the MT6X: the vinyl case sticks to the player and is hard to remove, the headphone jack was loose and getting looser, there is no bookmarking function, and the power on switch is too easily pressed.

In addition, there are no user forums to support the Samsung players. There are Iaudio forums. At the time, there was no actual Ogg support.

I no longer have the MT6.

Jun 15, 2005 at 7:35 AM Post #18 of 20
I think I've read some of your earlier posts on the MT6, could you elaborate on the headphone jack issue?

I want a player that takes AA/AAAs... Iaudios are expensive around here (~200€ for the G3, even more for the 5) for some stupid reason. What else is out there? iRiver's 799/899 seem to have crappy UMS support (slow transfers, don't use USB power while connected). Did Creative ever fix the Muvo Micro N200?

frown.gif

Jun 15, 2005 at 9:31 PM Post #19 of 20
The headphone jack seemed to get looser as time passed. I leave my earbuds plugged in most of the time, so weak springs will show up quickly. The jack got so loose, I could pull my earbud plug out by gently tugging on the cord a couple of times or so.

As for the N200, I haven't seen any fixes to the backlight buzz or the white noise during FF/RW.

Jun 15, 2005 at 10:10 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by IpaqMan
The headphone jack seemed to get looser as time passed. I leave my earbuds plugged in most of the time, so weak springs will show up quickly. The jack got so loose, I could pull my earbud plug out by gently tugging on the cord a couple of times or so.

As for the N200, I haven't seen any fixes to the backlight buzz or the white noise during FF/RW.

I think this is a problem regarding your headphone jack. I have cheapo Panasonic buds which are loose when they are plugged in to my MT6, but with my Sony G74s, it is firmly connected, meaning I could hang it from the headphone cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back