help me chose 1000$ eadphones
Aug 9, 2006 at 2:56 PM Post #49 of 61
I'd still like to know why you absolutely need to start at $1000 for headphones. It's foolish to spend that much money when you don't even know what sound signature you prefer.

Aug 9, 2006 at 3:04 PM Post #50 of 61
I would definetly agree with Mercuttio. Test drive cheaper headphones with good sound signatures first, like the Grado Sr-60 or the Koss KSC75 before you decide to pull the trigger.

With your descriptions, though, I would definelty look into some IEMs and an amp.

Aug 9, 2006 at 3:25 PM Post #51 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by fp581
Sorry that I’m doing that again but I sew that the UE 10 PRO IS'T good for rock so any other suggestions?

Nonsense. They're excellent for rock. That's what they're made for.

Regardless, IMO the suggestion so far that makes the most sense is the E500 and SR-71 or HeadRoom MicroAmp.

But the suggestion that makes even more sense is to take your time and search these boards. This place abounds with reviews, prices, recommendations, etc.

Aug 9, 2006 at 3:29 PM Post #52 of 61
Quote:

Sorry that I’m doing that again but I sew that the UE 10 PRO IS'T good for rock so any other suggestions?

UE 10 is great. get an amp and ipod lineout and call it a day. You will probably exceed your budget a little.

Aug 9, 2006 at 3:42 PM Post #53 of 61
Still, even with a UE10, you won't respect what you've got until you've heard the rest.

Aug 10, 2006 at 4:56 AM Post #55 of 61
Quote:

I will have icans next week, are they a good start?

That's a very good start. I like iCans. Try them out for a little bit, decide what you do and don't like about them... that's the best way to start.

Aug 10, 2006 at 10:51 PM Post #57 of 61
So I'm going to throw in a totally un-Head-Fi like statement and say that you shouldn't even spend $1000 on a portable rig, period. Transportable, maybe, but not portable (transportable: easy to take places, but listen while you're sitting down somewhere, maybe even with a place to plug in. portable: walking/running around, on a plane, et cetera).

May 27, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #59 of 61
Took a minute or two before I noticed the date this thread was created.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back