Help me choose: TinAudio T2 or KZ ZS10 Pro
Aug 18, 2020 at 1:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

valterfcarvalho

New Head-Fier
Hi people. I spent a bloody lot of time reading here and everywhere else, but still could not make my mind. The thing is I've bought the Tin T2 PRO and could not stand it for music. They are very technical, very very detailed and all, but the highs were just unbearable! Unbearable!!! My wife has loved them to see her study videos though, so I just gave them to her.
By the other hand, I have a KZ ZSR which isn't as close as detailed as the T2 PRO but is very pleasant to listen to. I really like them.
Funny thing it seems both T2 PRO and ZSR are discontinued by the manufacturers.
At the end I want a slightly "next level" in ear, that's why I'm now pending between the ZS10 PRO and the original T2.
So, what one do you think can be better for me? I mainly listen to prog rock, sometimes some gothic country and rarely some prog metal, always high quality files, via and old (but gold) Fiio E7, or a Cayin E3 or a RME Babyface or my ZenFone 3 excellent dac and output (which a keep only for music).
Any thoughts?

Aug 18, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #2 of 9
Hi people. I spent a bloody lot of time reading here and everywhere else, but still could not make my mind. The thing is I've bought the Tin T2 PRO and could not stand it for music. They are very technical, very very detailed and all, but the highs were just unbearable! Unbearable!!! My wife has loved them to see her study videos though, so I just gave them to her.
By the other hand, I have a KZ ZSR which isn't as close as detailed as the T2 PRO but is very pleasant to listen to. I really like them.
Funny thing it seems both T2 PRO and ZSR are discontinued by the manufacturers.
At the end I want a slightly "next level" in ear, that's why I'm now pending between the ZS10 PRO and the original T2.
So, what one do you think can be better for me? I mainly listen to prog rock, sometimes some gothic country and rarely some prog metal, always high quality files, via and old (but gold) Fiio E7, or a Cayin E3 or a RME Babyface or my ZenFone 3 excellent dac and output (which a keep only for music).
Any thoughts?

KZ ZS10 Pro is quite a bang for buck set for rock. It has good technical performance for the price, but can be occsaionally hot in the upper mids/treble. The timbre is also not the best for acoustic instruments.

If u can spend a bit more, there's some successors to the ZS10 Pro such as KZ ZSX, CCA C12, CCA CA16, maybe u can read about these.

Maybe u can check out the iBasso IT00 too, it has better tonality and timbre than the ZS10 Pro (though maybe ZS10 Pro has better technicalities). iBasso IT00 is not hot in the treble at all, but has an airy treble with good extension without sibilance. It has a tighter and more linear bass with faster bass than the ZS10 Pro too.

Tin HIFI came out with a Tin T2 Plus recently, that is a successor to the Tin T2 Pro and Tin T2, it seems to be a Tin T2 with more bass. I don't have it, so u gotta check with the rest.

U can ask the others in these threads too for their advise:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...nd-impressions-sharing-reference-list.805930/
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/knowledge-zenith-kz-impressions-thread.698148/

Good luck in your search!

Aug 19, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #3 of 9
KZ ZS10 Pro is quite a bang for buck set for rock. It has good technical performance for the price, but can be occsaionally hot in the upper mids/treble. The timbre is also not the best for acoustic instruments.

If u can spend a bit more, there's some successors to the ZS10 Pro such as KZ ZSX, CCA C12, CCA CA16, maybe u can read about these.

Maybe u can check out the iBasso IT00 too, it has better tonality and timbre than the ZS10 Pro (though maybe ZS10 Pro has better technicalities). iBasso IT00 is not hot in the treble at all, but has an airy treble with good extension without sibilance. It has a tighter and more linear bass with faster bass than the ZS10 Pro too.

Tin HIFI came out with a Tin T2 Plus recently, that is a successor to the Tin T2 Pro and Tin T2, it seems to be a Tin T2 with more bass. I don't have it, so u gotta check with the rest.

U can ask the others in these threads too for their advise:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...nd-impressions-sharing-reference-list.805930/
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/knowledge-zenith-kz-impressions-thread.698148/

Good luck in your search!

Very thank you! Actually I don't mind a hot sound, what troubles me is excessive brightness, which I found on T2 Pro. I will read about the IT00, I just have to check if it's easy to import to Brazil as the KZ's and TinAudio (because of Aliexpress and alikes).

My biggest fear on going for the T2 is it being any close to the excessive brightness of the Pro. By the other hand, there are so many messages and articles praising it for it's price range (I mistakenly bought the Pro because of the T2 reviews) that I get tempted to try again.

In case of KZ, well, the not-so-good ZSR already sound good to my ears so they got some points..

Will check the links also! Thank you!

Aug 19, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #5 of 9
KZ ZSX over my ZS 10’s but have not heard the Pro’s.

Aug 19, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #7 of 9
I hear mixed feelings, some prefer the ZS10+ sig, some prefer the ZSX... What are the chars that made you prefer the ZSX?

Thanks!
For me they are a bit less bright than the ZS 10’s and not as much V shaped as the 10’s but that is the ZS 10’s and not the Pro’s as I have no experience with them.

Aug 19, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #8 of 9
One last question: What do you think about the Fiio FD1 in the parameters of this thread?
Thanks!

U might wanna ask the others in the above thread links, I haven't heard the Fiio FD1. But it seems to have quite polarizing opinions from reviews, especially for the treble region. I suspect that this is due to people using different sources and having different hearing health.

Aug 20, 2020 at 6:56 AM Post #9 of 9
Thanks everyone for the replies! I'll most probably go for the ZS10 PRO, since I'm really afraid of the excessive focus on treble that seems to be characteristic of the T2's. I checked out information about the ZSX, it seems to be quite similar to the ZS10 Pro but with a small bump in treble, again, I'm not fond of very sparkling sound... The IT00 seemed a good option but I could only find it via US retailers, with a prohibitive shipping cost. I read a lot on the thread about the Fiio FD1, they are really controversial and I don't want to bother a lot with burn in stuff.
So, with all this in mind, ZS10 Pro seems to be the best option for this new headphones venture of mine.

All the best for you all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back