Help me choose some phones, modded or OEM...
Apr 18, 2008 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Drexel98

New Head-Fier
I’m relatively new to head-fi, but have been learning a lot more recently. That being said, I’m looking for some opinions on what headphones you would recommend for my rig. I listen mainly to rock, alternative, and jazz music, but I listen to just about everything but country…

My primary mobile rig consists of an iPod Touch (16GB), an iQube, Qables Silvercab-Pro LOD (but I may try an ALO for comparison) and I’ve been alternating between UE Triple.fi’s and Shure SE530’s. I’m ambivalent as to whether I go with an open or closed phone, and money isn’t a total issue, but that doesn’t mean I want to leap directly to Edition 9’s either… I’m looking for a good pair of cans that is sonically versatile and something I can listen to for long periods of time comfortably. I’m thinking my iQube should be able to power basically anything comfortably, so the amping shouldn’t be a problem. I’ve been reading quite a bit about the Darth Beyers, K701’s, HD650’s, Ultrasone, etc… i.e. the usual suspects, but I’m torn on which way to go. I’d love to get to a listening event, but the recent ones always seem to take place when I’m on a trip on the opposite side of the country.

Any insights you could offer me would be greatly appreciated…

Thanks!

Apr 21, 2008 at 1:33 PM Post #2 of 5
Anyone help me on this?

Apr 29, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #4 of 5
Going with the HD650's with the ALO/Jena cable for now, perhaps some Darth Beyers in the near future...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back