Help me choose between Miracle vs Es5
Nov 18, 2011 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Kejd

New Head-Fier
Hi guys

As I said, I'm having a dilemma between UM Miracle and Westone ES5. I could not find enough comparison between these. I listen to a lot of vocal-centric songs and stay away from heavy rocks. (Maybe a little bit more female vocals) Can someone give me a detailed comparison especially on the mid? To describe my preference futher, I prefered Westone 3 over 4 because I felt that the vocal felt closer to my ears and the sound of string instruments was in my taste. So I guess the top priorities are the vocal and acoustic guitar sound.

Cheers

Nov 18, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #2 of 4

Quote:
Hi guys
As I said, I'm having a dilemma between UM Miracle and Westone ES5. I could not find enough comparison between these. I listen to a lot of vocal-centric songs and stay away from heavy rocks. (Maybe a little bit more female vocals) Can someone give me a detailed comparison especially on the mid? To describe my preference futher, I prefered Westone 3 over 4 because I felt that the vocal felt closer to my ears and the sound of string instruments was in my taste. So I guess the top priorities are the vocal and acoustic guitar sound.
Cheers

With your preferences, the ES5's are a great choice!

Nov 19, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #3 of 4
With your preferences, the ES5's are a great choice!

How about Merlin? I was inclined to ES5 Until I found out Miracle which is supposed to be more expensive is actually about 70 USD cheaper than es5 in where i live. Does Miracle have much weaker vocal sound? I do not like recessed vocal. (Is that how its called? When vocal is overpowered by melody and instruments)

Nov 19, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
How about Merlin? I was inclined to ES5 Until I found out Miracle which is supposed to be more expensive is actually about 70 USD cheaper than es5 in where i live. Does Miracle have much weaker vocal sound? I do not like recessed vocal. (Is that how its called? When vocal is overpowered by melody and instruments)

Really, you can't go wrong with any of the top custom IEM's, but from my experience, the ES5's produces vocals at a level of pureness that I'd find hard to be beaten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back