Help me choose a Grado!
Apr 2, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #31 of 35
I would agree that it might not be a good idea to start in the middle of the line, i have the sr-80's and love them even though they dont get too much use anymore lol.

Those cans were the ones that got me started with hi-fi and are great value for the money($95). I would suggest getting them if you have never heard grados as they have a very specific sound signature and they seem to be very divisive. People either love them or hate them.

Then if you really like these cans you can look into getting the rs series headphones.

Apr 2, 2009 at 8:09 AM Post #32 of 35
Hey,

Thank you all for contributing to this thread! Your suggestions are pushing me to buy the SR80's. Hope they sound good :p

Apr 2, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #33 of 35
Enjoy the SR80s, I did my own listening test with the 80s, 125s, and 225s before I bought them and found the 80s to be most of what the 225s were (even though I ended up taking the 225s because of the great deal I got on them).

Apr 2, 2009 at 4:27 PM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrokid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually, it tells him that I've seen more people recommending the 225 as a good bang/buck point in the grado line.
so it does serve a purpose.
just because it's not as helpful as some other posts doesn't mean it doesn't serve a purpose.

exactly my thoughts.

Quote:

Please note: you haven't heard the actual headphones, so what purpose does your post serve? The answer is none.

And what purpose does this sentence actually serve? Make you look smart?

Anyway, I have heard the 80, 125 and 225 and the latter two side by side. I'd suggest the sr80 because the 80 works pretty good out of an ipod, whereas the 125 and 225 kind of need an amp to really do what they are meant to do. Of course, the sr80 does improve with an amp but if you're planning on listening just at home you might go for the 125/225 instead.

From my experience; 225 has better bass, and more 'air' as people have explained here and an overall warmer sound. The 125 isn't really worse however, because there is less 'air' it can also make the music sound more 'united', as it were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back