Help me choose a bass heavy IEM -> un-amped
Nov 22, 2008 at 12:25 PM Post #31 of 47
I just made an order for the Custom 1s at £18

But think I may go for the denons also. If I can get a good deal on the 700s I'll go for them, otherwise I think the 551s will do me fine.
(just had a big read of the 700 comparison thread - thanks to all that posted there)

Nov 22, 2008 at 1:09 PM Post #33 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by energie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you can buy the Bijou directly from jaben.net.
As i said price is 57$ shipped with the free FiiO.
Promo code is energieB
You can also mail wilson@jaben.net or david@jaben.net.

1)So with the IEM's (and all the accessories normally included in the package) you'll receive also the amp?

2)On the website I can't find the promo... how I can take the promo and be sure they will ship the IEM with the FiiO amp??

3)The promo has an expiry date?

4)Do you know when the black in color Bijous will be available?

Thanks a lot if you'll respond me! I'm new in this forum...
L3000.gif

edit: hey you are Italian like me, only now I see... Maybe you are also in hwupgrade forum... I believe I've already saw that avatar...

Nov 23, 2008 at 11:41 AM Post #40 of 47
thanks for that energie.
Have you listened to the bijou 3s without an amp/dac? Do you get much the same sound or does the amp really make a difference.

after a lot more reading I'm drawn to the Atrio m5s...double my budget
frown.gif
but I may have an investor
tongue.gif

Have you tried the M5s? I'm wondering if the difference in sound quality is proportional to the price difference?

(I know the s.fi EB have been recommended but I'm steering clear due to the over the ear wires. Also the Atrios are highly rated for their isolation)

Nov 23, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #41 of 47
Both UE EB and the atrios are great phones. Personally i do preder the UE EB with complys, great comfort and the memory wire over the ear is a great plus. Imagine you walking or running, over the ear make iems fixed and solid wearing.
Anyway i suggested you the Bijou considering the budget, obviously atrio and eb are better.
For the price they are a great deal.
My amp only add some soundstage and help getting out some clarity on the high.

Nov 23, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #42 of 47
Thanks again energie,
I'll see how much of the price I can split with my GF (bday present
wink.gif
) but the bijous look to be a good contender to the denons.

With regards to the over ear wire, I wear glasses and don't find the wires that comfortable.

Nov 23, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #43 of 47
I do wear glasses too and dont have any trouble with memory wire. But again this goes into personal preferences.
Anyway you can do the flipflop mode and wear the UE in the normal way.

Nov 23, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #44 of 47
look at the sennheiser IE6 they're new this quarter. i own both these and the UE superfi5 EB. the EBs are epicly huge and make you look stupid and if your thinking of doing anything active with them in you want somthing much smaller without sacrificing.

The IE6s are small and comfortable and are tuned to be bass strong. they use dynamic drivers so as well as hearing your bass you feel it. all dynamics have more bass presence due to the extra volume of air they move.

having owned both i would not reccomend the UEs, and if you live in the UK then they're about the same price.

Nov 23, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #45 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by dhaninugraha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2 with Atrio M5.

Sorry to hijack thread, but do you notice a substantial difference in listening to the 1G and 3G Nanos unamped with the TF10 Pros?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back