Help me choose a bass heavy IEM -> un-amped
Nov 21, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #16 of 47
The bass output of a headphone is much more than just the size of the driver. It depends on the orientation, the quality of the driver, the material of the driver, the type of enclosure it's in. I know the UE super.fi 5 EB's are about the best bass heavy earphones in existence. However, if they truly are out of your price range then I would take a look at dynamic earphones. Not many good multidriver bassy earphones can be had for less than £70. None really come to mind right now. The Bass freq's by V-moda are very bass heavy but I don't know about the quality of those. My personal advice would be to save a little more and get the UE Super.fi 5 EB's I know you'd be happy with those and they're very durable and have replaceable cables in case the cables ever tear. I know online you can get them for around £100. $150 USD

Nov 21, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #17 of 47
Super.fi 5 EB has more / less or equal bass as SE530?

Nov 21, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #18 of 47
Do not go with CX300s. Just don't. M5 is great but out of your price range. I would go for the c551's since they are closer to your price range and provide just what you described, with all around good SQ. But why is it so expensive? Isn't 1 pound around 2 dollars? These headphones are $55, so shouldn't they be around 30 pounds? Or are things more expensive in the UK?

Nov 21, 2008 at 5:04 AM Post #20 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by blaizefm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I've been very impressed with the bass on the Denon C751 (same as C700) - but I went from a Etymotic ER-4P which was IMO very weak on bass.

x2

Nov 21, 2008 at 6:47 AM Post #21 of 47
Super.fi 3 is very bass anemic.
People say ER6i has accurate bass but doesn't have alot of punch.
I'd assume the same for the D-Jays, probably good bass but not punchy.

Nov 21, 2008 at 7:10 AM Post #22 of 47
double post

Nov 21, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #23 of 47
Quote:

Help me choose a bass heavy IEM -> un-amped

That would be the Creative EP-630 ($25) - very bassy. With a good seal you should hear a bloated, muddy, overwhelming, thundering, crazy, farting bass. It so bassy it overpowers and drowns all other freqs such as the vocals and the treble! Now spend another 20 bucks or so and get CX300 from sennheiser which is less bassy

Nov 21, 2008 at 9:20 AM Post #24 of 47
go get MylarOne Bijou 3.
With the actual promotion you will also receive a free FiiO E3, kind of useful when you need more basses
smily_headphones1.gif

This is 57$ inclusive shipping.

promo code "energieB"

Nov 21, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #27 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by noahlapuz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would be the Creative EP-630 ($25) - very bassy. With a good seal you should hear a bloated, muddy, overwhelming, thundering, crazy, farting bass. It so bassy it overpowers and drowns all other freqs such as the vocals and the treble! Now spend another 20 bucks or so and get CX300 from sennheiser which is less bassy

Aren't CX300 and EP-630 supposed to be the same with diferent branding?

Nov 21, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #29 of 47
One pound is actuallly $1.48 right now, pretty sh## bearing in mind it was over $2 before.

And stuff is more expensive over here, an ipod classic is £180, so $270, and Westone UM1's are £70-80, so about $120+
The gaps not as bad as it used to be, an iPod classic over here last year was almost twice as expensive if you converted it to $

Nov 22, 2008 at 11:31 AM Post #30 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by KeItHlOu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Klipsch Custom 1 - High Performance Noise-Isolating In: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

check this out, i dunno is it good for bass but i think it's well balance.

oh yeah sorry I forgot about pounds now are weak nowadays..

I love denon c700, see if you can buy a pair for cheap..

Wow, that's a crazy price.

energie: what's the website to get the MylarOne 3's? will it be $57 inc delivery to the UK?

To the poster that suggested I get a pair of Klipsch X10s, I think the offer only applies to US residents??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back