[HELP] KZ ZS10 PRO buzzing noise when I touch the metal plate
Sep 18, 2019 at 10:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Digital Gentleman

New Head-Fier
The right piece makes the buzzing noise when I touch the plate and only when plugged in to my laptop, when I plug them to my LG V30 there's no noise which gave me an initial relief. It's a slight noise but I can easily hear it and I think it comes from one of the BAs. I was thinking to get a cheap dac just to get rid of the quite noticeable hissing from my laptop anyways but the real question on my mind is "will this affect the lifespan of the piece?". I don't what causes it, the stock cable with mic?(mic is on the right so.. maybe?), conductivity between metal plate and drivers?, just my crappy laptop soundcard? What do you think? Should I return it to the local seller or should I keep it?
Your help is much appreciated.

Sep 19, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #2 of 10
The same issue, except it's in the left ear for me. Have no idea why it's there, and whether it is a fault big enough to get my earphones replaced. Happening to me only when charging my phone or laptop, and the earphones are connected to it. Otherwise, the hissing is very, very minor only when pressing on the earphone.

Sep 19, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #4 of 10
The right piece makes the buzzing noise when I touch the plate and only when plugged in to my laptop, when I plug them to my LG V30 there's no noise which gave me an initial relief. It's a slight noise but I can easily hear it and I think it comes from one of the BAs. I was thinking to get a cheap dac just to get rid of the quite noticeable hissing from my laptop anyways but the real question on my mind is "will this affect the lifespan of the piece?". I don't what causes it, the stock cable with mic?(mic is on the right so.. maybe?), conductivity between metal plate and drivers?, just my crappy laptop soundcard? What do you think? Should I return it to the local seller or should I keep it?
Your help is much appreciated.
Is it only when the laptop is plugged in or does it happen when running on battery also.

Sep 19, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #6 of 10
Yes thought that would happen. It is a ground thing or something else you have plugged in on the same circuit that could be causing the problem and they can be very hard to track down. One big culprit is lights with dimmer switch on the same circuit it does put out some noise. Maybe a power conditioner would also help. Well a dac might help but you would need a amp also as a dac is just the converter.

Sep 19, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #7 of 10
Yes thought that would happen. It is a ground thing or something else you have plugged in on the same circuit that could be causing the problem and they can be very hard to track down. One big culprit is lights with dimmer switch on the same circuit it does put out some noise. Maybe a power conditioner would also help. Well a dac might help but you would need a amp also as a dac is just the converter.
Yeah, I know. I meant a usb dac/amp combo, I already decided what to pick earlier because I was looking for one to get rid of the hissing, the buzzing with the KZ just gave me a last push. But it's indeed confusing for someone who never considered a dac and amp before, my first consideration was "usb power only" and just a dac. Thankfully, I take my time and do my research properly when buying an item. Thanks for the heads up anyways, it might help someone else.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #8 of 10
Not a problem but you might want to take a look at the new KZ ZSX it is something a bit different from KZ one of the best I’ve heard to date . It get rid of the splashy highs of most of them and has more of a rolled off high just for me more pleasurable.

Sep 20, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #9 of 10
Not a problem but you might want to take a look at the new KZ ZSX it is something a bit different from KZ one of the best I’ve heard to date . It get rid of the splashy highs of most of them and has more of a rolled off high just for me more pleasurable.
I thought ZSX could be fatiguing, I also didn't like its' looks that much tbh. ZS10 Pro already sounds like at the limit of annoying me in the treble, in a few songs it does, otherwise it sounds great. I think I'm done with iems for a while. I got the ZS10 Pro because I thought the Tin T2 from aliexpress was lost during shipment, just 4 days before the end of buyer's protection it arrived to the customs, I decided to cancel my dispute, so I'll end up getting 2 when I was going for only 1 set of iems. I'll get a closed back, probably Cooler Master MH751/2 since I also do gaming but I'm also having doubts because of QC issues. I have a Philips SHP 9500 for open back. I think I might get a planar or electrostatic in the future but for now I'll save money for a pc monitor since I'm satisfied with the Audio department so far.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #10 of 10
It's a grounding issue. It happens when connected to a tablet, which is being charged. Pulling the power cable stops the buzzing.

Btw that tablet leaks electricity like crazy while charging. And you can tell when usb-pd kicks in by sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back