Help! IRiver IHP140 Problems
Apr 15, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #16 of 35
Yea = success!! I ordered a battery & T5 torx tool & now it back up & working!! The only hard part was getting the molex disconnected from the board & the new one connected. But its done & happy
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #17 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by micaela /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea = success!! I ordered a battery & T5 torx tool & now it back up & working!! The only hard part was getting the molex disconnected from the board & the new one connected. But its done & happy
biggrin.gif

Congrats. Iriver lives on!

Apr 15, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #19 of 35
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Congatulations on solving the problem. Good to read these issues may have potential solutions (in some cases).

Apr 15, 2008 at 11:09 AM Post #20 of 35
Yeah congrats!
biggrin.gif

I'll remember this thread if my 140 ever falls off the perch...

Apr 16, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #21 of 35
I let it charge all night & took it to work today. It was on all day - about 10 hours & is just a couple of bars down! I couldn't be happier! Love my Irivers!

Apr 16, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

I let it charge all night & took it to work today. It was on all day - about 10 hours & is just a couple of bars down! I couldn't be happier! Love my Irivers!

Don't know if you know, but if you put rockbox on you can get a percentage readout and time prediction for the battery, which is kinda handy.

Apr 16, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't know if you know, but if you put rockbox on you can get a percentage readout and time prediction for the battery, which is kinda handy.

I really like that feature on my iHP, it would be great if it was a standard.

I generally listen for 1-2 hours at a time and the percentage readout is much better than the bars for planning when to recharge - I hate it when I run out of juice unexpectedly.

Apr 17, 2008 at 12:40 PM Post #24 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have rockbox installed but I don't have that feature. I haven't updated my rockbox in a long while - is that a part of the newer builds or do I need to add something else? It sounds helpful.

Apr 17, 2008 at 12:54 PM Post #25 of 35
Quote:

I have rockbox installed but I don't have that feature. I haven't updated my rockbox in a long while - is that a part of the newer builds or do I need to add something else? It sounds helpful.

Mine's an old Rockbox version (14708), have look in settings and browse themes. I'm using the iCatcher theme which displays the battery percentage.

I can get the time prediction in Rockbox version info.

Apr 17, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #26 of 35
Yeah, it's theme dependant. I made my own theme by modifying one of the stock ones all out of regognition. Just a text based wps for now, but it has all the info i want and is fairly easy to read.

Apr 17, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #27 of 35
Ok, to get the percentage readout in the menu screens, go to

Settings > General Settings > Display > Satus-/Scrollbar

then set status bar to on, and volume and battery display to numeric.

Some theme's wps (while playing screen) overwrite the status bar, but then include the info in a different way. What i did was to set the wps to disable the status bar, then used the code to display volume and battery at the bottom...

rock1.jpg
rock2.jpg

I hate the ghosting you get on the iriver when text scrolls, so my wps doesn't scroll any of the text. Just means that i only get the first part of the title if it's longer than average.

If anyone wants the files (they're all text files, open them in notepad to see the code)...

http://www.snatchbank.co.uk/filehost/raven/Mo23.wps (while playing screen)
http://www.snatchbank.co.uk/filehost/raven/Mo6.rwps (remote while playing screen)
http://www.snatchbank.co.uk/filehost/raven/config03.cfg (i don't go in for flashy names
tongue.gif
)

Place the .cfg file in your rockbox\themes folder, and the others in the rockbox\wps folder, then load the config file. The wps is optimized for that font (ter-u12n) so changing to another one could make it display improperly.

Apr 18, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #28 of 35
Thanks for all the helpful info.

Apr 18, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #29 of 35
Any local hardware store that I can walk in to find a Torx T5? My father's workmate says that the screwdriver is rare, and maybe it won't be at Home Depot. I don't want to wait because my battery arrived. I might have to end up making my own Torx screwdriver (melt the plastic of a pen technique) or filing the screw so that a regular flat head can unscrew it.

Apr 18, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #30 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinyFalcon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any local hardware store that I can walk in to find a Torx T5? My father's workmate says that the screwdriver is rare, and maybe it won't be at Home Depot. I don't want to wait because my battery arrived. I might have to end up making my own Torx screwdriver (melt the plastic of a pen technique) or filing the screw so that a regular flat head can unscrew it.

Home depot sells a torx combo tool that has several extra sizes that fit in the handle. It's made by "Husky" and was less than $6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back