Help! iPhone 3GS headphone jack broken!
Jul 6, 2010 at 11:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Ultrazino

Now known as HuoYuanJia
I have an iPhone 3GS 32GB of which I've always taken great care of! However, when I got the Hippo VB yesterday I noticed a slack joint for the very first time. I can confirm this with my pair of Ultrasone HFI-780, but which are a lot more tolerant. I also have the Bose On-Ear and they don't seem to care at all!
Then I sticked in the Klipsch X1 of my wife and I can't hear any bass or mids at all!
eek.gif

"Well, who cares? The Klipsch are not for me..." I said.

So I went and got the Phonak Audéo PFE today, as I couldn't stand the horrible overpowered bass of the Hippo. But now I have the exact same problem like with the Klipsch!

My wife also has an iPhone 3GS 16GB and the PFE sound just like I imagined. Incredible detail, punchy bass and voices have never sounded as beautiful before! But they're useless with my iPhone!

I doubt the headphone out is connected in any way to software, but this is either a coincidence with iOS4 (my wife is still on iPhone OS 3) or the Hippo have ruined my iPhone!
frown.gif

Is this a known problem? Any fixes?
Unfortunately I can't send it in! When I bought it in China last year, it was still unavailable in Europe so I don't have a warranty.

Jul 6, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #2 of 10
I cleaned the headphone jack very thoroughly with a Q-Tip and denatured alcohol but it didn't change anything. Maybe some earphone plug scratched the contacts? Bummer I don't have a warranty and I have no idea what it would cost to fix it. For now I'm using the 16GB 3GS of my wife.
Damn you, Apple! I don't know of any brand that has as many failures as you do! Everything my friends or I have ever possessed with an apple on it will eventually break!

Jul 10, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #4 of 10
I still couldn't fix it. My local unofficial Apple store can't repair it because they can't order a new line out and I'd have to send it to Apple. But Apple will remove my jailbreak & unlock which will render my iPhone useless!

I have no idea how this could have happened. Some plates must be scratched, but I've only used high quality earphones with golden jacks and none of them look like they had a bad contact.

Jul 10, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #7 of 10

Quote:
LOD TIME !

My thoughts exactly. You can connect a LOD cable to the usb proprietary one that your iphone has and connect it to an amp which will then allow you to connect your phones to the amp and then your music :)

Jul 10, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
Hey thanks! I had no idea that existed! Are there any better ones than the Fiio E1? It looks kinda cheap on the pictures.

Would a Headset work with an LOD?

When you use an amp/LOD combo you need the amp to have a volume control, as the line out has a fixed volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back