Help in Buying an IEM
Jan 21, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark_Louis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you for the recommendations. I have read reviews of SE530, triple fi 10, Westone 3 and ER-4P..I have to check out the IE8..I'm thinking of getting ER 4P.:) I have changed my budget. The SE530 is costly! But I've read that it's one of the best IEMs around.

Well if the SE530 is "costly" and you've changed your budget, that rules out the Westone 3 and Sennheiser IE8, as they are even more expensive, and the Triple FI as well, as it is about the same.

If you're now more in the $200 range, I fully endorse the Klipsch Image X10.

You really need to narrow down by price first. I mean, at less than $500, you're in the market for everything, with the exception of the really high-end custom stuff. If $300 is "costly" (Which is what one would expect to pay rertail these days for the SE530), you're now in a whole new ballpark.

Not trying to be offensive, but you really need to nail that down before asking people to make recommendations.

Jan 22, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #17 of 21
I got to say from what you want, you prob would want to get HearYourself.com... Custom Molded In Ear Monitors ear phones or some freq's, because for 500 you can easily get the triple armature one. But if you want a universal I'd go for Ultimate Ears Triple. Fi or Shure SE530 ( The IE8 isn't your pick bc of isolation isn't up to the other two, and so is the Westone 3) or go cheaper and get Klipsch Image X10 which is the most comfortable Universal IEM and has great sound quality and is fun.

Jan 23, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #18 of 21
i'm in the market for new IEMs too.. my E3Cs have finally fallen apart after a repair job last year.. and my grados are too warm to use walking around..

why is the X10 more highly rated by you folks than the SF5 pro or the UM2?

i ask as i'm trying to decide between the 2 and out of the blue i have to throw the X10 in the mix

Jan 23, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm in the market for new IEMs too.. my E3Cs have finally fallen apart after a repair job last year.. and my grados are too warm to use walking around..

why is the X10 more highly rated by you folks than the SF5 pro or the UM2?

i ask as i'm trying to decide between the 2 and out of the blue i have to throw the X10 in the mix

I owned and listened exclusively to the X10 for about 6 months, and to me the answer to your question is one word: Bass.

Don't get me wrong, it's not totally overwhelming or anything, but the X10 simply has all this awesome, warm bass that other smaller, single-driver IEM's just can't touch.

The there's also the novelty of the super small, micro design and the comfort that comes along with.

But to me, the thing with the X10's is that you put this tiny little IEM in your ear (pretty much the smallest one you can buy) and immediately think "WOW" when you hear the sound they proiduce, especially in the area of bass.

Nov 23, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #21 of 21
I bought the RE2 last June. It's so cheap yet it's great.
smily_headphones1.gif
But now it's busted. Before I buy more expensive IEMs this coming spring, I plan to buy IEMs priced below $90 (based on amazon.com pricing). I'm choosing among the following:

1. Klipsch Custom 2 ($69) and Klipsch S4 ($80)
2. Sennheiser CX500 ($50) , CX300 II ($38.72) , CX400 ($50) (there's this new model with enhanced bass for $65.49: Amazon.com: Sennheiser CX-400T MK II High-Performance Precision Earphones with Powerful Bass (Titanium): Electronics)
3.JBL 220 ($35.99)
4. Shure SE 210 ($89.13)
5. Shure SE 110 ($79.75)
6. Shure SE 115 ($64-67)

Is there an IEM costing less than $90 that has a replaceable wire?

Also, which is better: 16 or 64 ohms of impedance?

I want one with nice clarity, bass (but not too boomy that it drowns all other sound properties), isolation, durability and comfort. If you can recommend other IEMs, please do. Thanks!

PS: I plan to buy the ER 4P next year. Hmm does it come with replaceable wires?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back