Help in Buying an IEM
Jan 20, 2009 at 7:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Mark_Louis

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone. This is my first post here. Can someone please help me decide on which IEM to buy? I listen mostly to gospel and classical music. I want something great in details and with sufficient bass and clear highs. I also want to block external noise as much as possible (because I prefer my own music when working out and when traveling). I can't spend more than $500 for the IEM. Thanks to those who will respond!
normal_smile .gif

Jan 20, 2009 at 10:22 AM Post #3 of 21
Talking about bass and SQ with sound clarity, comes to my mind Westone 3, around 360-400$.
They have a marvellous sound, and when i used them i felt too a nice variety of types of sound depending one of the multiple foams which they includes you use.
Perfect isolation too
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 20, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #7 of 21
IMO, the "big 4" mentioned here will do amazingly well with whatever you throw at them.

I would say, however, that a cheaper route would be ER-4Ps if you don't mind losing some bass. You can find those for around 200 online.

Oh, and none of those IEMs need an amp, but if you want to get one they will all improve from one
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 20, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
basically the big 4 are se530 triple.fi.10 IE8 and W3

odds are one of those will suit

damn I just realized with my upcoming trade I will have owned everyone of those iem's should have written a review but I am too lazy
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 21, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #9 of 21
the "big 4" mentioned will do, just research first and see which among them will be best for you. personally, i'm a se530 guy

Jan 21, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #11 of 21
Thank you for the recommendations. I have read reviews of SE530, triple fi 10, Westone 3 and ER-4P..I have to check out the IE8..I'm thinking of getting ER 4P.:) I have changed my budget. The SE530 is costly! But I've read that it's one of the best IEMs around.

Jan 21, 2009 at 10:45 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark_Louis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you for the recommendations. I have read reviews of SE530, triple fi 10, Westone 3 and ER-4P..I have to check out the IE8..I'm thinking of getting ER 4P.:) I have changed my budget. The SE530 is costly! But I've read that it's one of the best IEMs around.

the er4 is very good too, especially when amped as that fixes the bass issue. the 530 still sounds better to me and more importantly the 530 i can wear all day and feel nothing. the er4 gets a few hours before my body begins to reject the implants

to be fair the friend who actually owns them says after a few weeks you grow accustomed to them but i havent yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back