Help: IE8 vs Atrios!
Sep 26, 2009 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Qonad

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Let me start off to say that i am new here
regular_smile .gif

I would like to know what are the differences between the IE8 and the Atrio besides the COST. I am having a headache as to which one to get... and yes, i am a basshead
atsmile.gif

Thanks for the input.

Sep 26, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #2 of 16
the IE8 most very so likely has a much greater soundstage, better bass quantity, bass quality, more dark mids, and less sparkly highs, more musical than the atrios (probably). IE8 will be a risk at getting a good fit, or atleast a risk at how many tips you will buy before you find a good one, and no matter how good that fit is, the isolation isn't that superb

Sep 26, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #3 of 16
IE8 are spurb IEMs to shows great details in music with larg fuller soundstage and bass is warm n rich. So overall it's high end IEMs and they isolate well(to me better than 5EB) with rich fun sounding.

Sep 27, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by willw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it's bass you want, have a listen to the FX500.
You'll never go back.

Disagree. The FX500 can't begin to compete with the IE8 for bass.

Sep 27, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by zenpunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agree. FX500 and CKS70 trounces the IE8. As probably do the Mingo and Cyclone (regarding bass only). And they all cost under half the price of the IE8.

Spoken by someone who hasn't owned the IE8?

Sep 27, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Disagree. The FX500 can't begin to compete with the IE8 for bass.

I owned both and i think IE8 are much supperior than FX500 include soundstage, instrument separation, clarity, resolution and bass impact.

Sep 27, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I owned both and i think IE8 are much supperior than FX500 include soundstage, instrument separation, clarity, resolution and bass impact.

Of course they are. They're superior to the FX500 in almost every way including construction and cabling.

Sep 27, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #11 of 16
I own the IE8 as well as the FX500. Although the bass in the FX500 is pretty impressive at a price over 1/2 compared to the IE8, I was very disappointed to the lack of mids, which is why I no longer own them. I can happily say that the IE8 are my last IEM for a very, very long time.

Nov 2, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbjerke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the IE8 most very so likely has a much greater soundstage, better bass quantity, bass quality, more dark mids, and less sparkly highs, more musical than the atrios (probably). IE8 will be a risk at getting a good fit, or atleast a risk at how many tips you will buy before you find a good one, and no matter how good that fit is, the isolation isn't that superb

how the hell can you have better bass quantity,,, see thats what confuses the f out of people, you can have more or less and what do you mean more musical than the atrios probably,,, have you even tried the atrios ,, have you a-b them to the ie8,,,,, eergh!

Nov 2, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Spoken by someone who hasn't owned the IE8?

lol
u call them out... these people make it so frustrating and hard to get accurate comparison

Nov 2, 2009 at 8:06 AM Post #15 of 16
IE8 has a better overall definition of the whole frequency spectrum, while with Atrios, you mainly just hear bass. And for IE8 you can always tune up the bass port to get Atrios-competent in bass quantity. The only thing Atrios is better than IE8 is isolation, its achieved easily with olives without changing the sound, while IE8 requires comply to isolate decently, at the expense of the sound..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back