Help! Iaudio U3
Oct 5, 2007 at 7:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

numbskull

100+ Head-Fier
Hey folks.
I've just bought the iaudio U3, and like it says, i've plugged it for charge. Then the screen of charging indication appears (but there is no indication of how long it will take to complete). I've left it charging for over 12h now (with my AC adapter) and the screen still indicates charging.

It takes THAT long to complete charge the battery? (Assuming it is the first time of charge, right out of the box). Anyone that owns this player, or similar, know if it has some other screen indicating when the charge is complete? Cause I don't know if it is charging yet or not... very strange. I've turned it on to test, the battery bar seems full, and the player is detected by the computer and working fine.

Oct 5, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #2 of 9
Hi! and welcome to Head-Fi, sorry for your wallet!!

I own a U3 and have charged the beast many times. I did not notice it indicating it is full charge like the D2 or the U2 does. I might also not have been wearing my glasses and not read the small prints at the time...
blink.gif
wink.gif

You can also post at iaudiophile.net -the forum. It's exclusively for Cowon products. Also Anythingbutipod as a section for Cowon.

regards,

Oct 6, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #3 of 9
I have one and love it, congratulations!

The 1st charge can take that long, it depends on the voltage your giving it. I have heard that some USB ports give out more juice than others but I don't know if it's true?

When it's full, it will say "Charging complete" or something like that and the red battery just stays there, full.

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #4 of 9
Thanks for answers! I asked for help in audiophile, but got no answer yet.

I left it at USB for over 24h, and nothing (maybe the USB port was saving power). Then I've lef charging for more than 13h with AC adapter (5.4VDC, 650mA, from hama). But the thing won't say "complete". Then I just grabbed him, put some music an started to listen
smily_headphones1.gif

Maybe it will cause problems, but I could not wait anymore.

So there is a "charging complete" screen then?

Oct 6, 2007 at 8:45 PM Post #5 of 9
In the player's menu go to «Settings» / «General» / «Charge» and there check if it's set to «slow». If that's the case, set it to «normal». Otherwise your firmware has a bug, as it doesn't indicate the «charging complete» message. In this case a firmware update or even re-installation would certainly help. After all you don't risk anything by listening to it without the certainty about full charge. BTW, congrats on a fine DAP!

Oct 6, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #6 of 9
It seems that battery is allright, I don't know how many little red bars it takes to discharge it entirely, but it took almost 5 hours to 1 little bar dissapear
cool.gif

I've uptdated firmwarewithout problems and set charge to normal, like you said. Hope things work now
wink.gif

Oct 9, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #7 of 9
I also recently got the U3 and I really like it.
But I have the same problem when charging from the computer.
There is no indication when it's fully charged.

If I get the AC adapter, will I be able to use the U3 when charging?
Like listening to music, voice recording etc?
This is not possible when charging with the computer.
When I turn it on it says: ver 1.25

Cheers!

Oct 9, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #8 of 9
To get the player to charging screen. You need to "add or remove device" from the taskbar and remove the U3 from the computer. Are you sure you did that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by numbskull /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey folks.
I've just bought the iaudio U3, and like it says, i've plugged it for charge. Then the screen of charging indication appears (but there is no indication of how long it will take to complete). I've left it charging for over 12h now (with my AC adapter) and the screen still indicates charging.

It takes THAT long to complete charge the battery? (Assuming it is the first time of charge, right out of the box). Anyone that owns this player, or similar, know if it has some other screen indicating when the charge is complete? Cause I don't know if it is charging yet or not... very strange. I've turned it on to test, the battery bar seems full, and the player is detected by the computer and working fine.

Oct 11, 2007 at 4:51 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by faichiu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To get the player to charging screen, you need to "add or remove device" from the taskbar and remove the U3 from the computer. Are you sure you did that?

Excellent question! I haven't thought of that.

On the other hand:
Quote:

Originally Posted by numbskull /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Then the screen of charging indication appears...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back