Help! I wanna cheat on my girlfriend! But her sister is on to me..
Sep 23, 2010 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

ricedemon

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fiers
biggrin.gif
Hope you guys can help me ;D

So I'm always with her.. sometimes over 10 hours at a time.. she does everything for me.. its just.. shes not very good at it :/ recently, I've been secretly looking into dumping her for someone less exciting, but fits my needs better. This wouldn't be a problem except her sister, who is ALWAYS with her, is on to me.. The sad part is I'm actually secretly dating her as well.. She got so mad after she went and BROKE up with me =+=. So now I not only need to find a replacment for my GF.. but her sister as well..

Cast:
Girlfriend:iPod Touch 2GEN + Fiio E1 Amp
Sister: Shure SE310
New Girlfriend: S:Flo2

so I've been looking into getting a new player because the sound quality of the iPod is starting to get to me. while all the features are nice I dont really use or need them. the reason I want a new player is because i listened to my old sony nw-e405 and they sounded really good compared to my ipod. on the ipod the SE310 has pretty bad bass but on the nw-e405 it is good. the problem is the player is only 512mb so i cant put anything on it..

right after i decided to join the preorder for the s:flo2. the SE310 decided to fray the cord on me =_= its still useable now but its not gonna last very long..

NOW my situation is i need a new pair of IEM's. I want something better or at least as good as the SE310's..

A little bit about me: i listen to only 320KBPS Mp3 (wanna try FLAC one day though with the s:flo2)

the main thing im looking for is durability, ive already gone though 2 pairs of the SE310 and both of them go out by cord fraying (where copper color wire is exposed)

my budget is max $300-$400 and i live in CANADA

the things i had been eyeing are the monster turbine series and the sennheiser IE 8

the monsters cuz of the warranty (but scared of this because my shures are also replaced once from me breaking, and look where that got me) (i'm also wondering what the limited defect even covers (my only problem is cords fray) i dont get my IEM's wet or anything)

the sennheiser looks cool because you can replace the cords (which is my only problem) but i dont know how much replacing cords cost.

the reason i havent bought the monsters already is because in canada they are really expensive and if i buy from the US the shipping is $40 (although i have found a store to sell the IE 8 for $350 CAN)

so considering i only listen to 320kbps music and i was satisfied with the SE310 (considering i liked the sound of them on the nw-e405 and the s:flo2 is supposed to have better sound)

will getting the expensive ie8 and monster turbine MD,copper or gold really make that big of a difference?

and if not, any suggestions for cheaper ones that are still better on par with SE310s? (eg how does RE0,kilpsch image s4, cheaper turbines compare)

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST AND THANKS FOR HELPING A BROTHA OUT ;D

Sep 23, 2010 at 7:00 AM Post #4 of 20
The IE8 should suit your needs. It's built is really durable. Has wide soundstage, decent clarity and details and good bass.

Sep 23, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #5 of 20
Sep 23, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #7 of 20
Perhaps a visual upgrade is in order? They can do wonderful things with silicone these days.

Or if that doesn't fit the bill, perhaps consider a newer slimmer Asian import with incredible tactile interfaces. Ready to serve your needs for bargain prices, and can be shipped to your door in a week. If you're feeling ambition, get two!

Oct 1, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #10 of 20
They say Russian girls offer a lot of bang for your buck. I met a beautiful hottie on the internet and had her shipped over. Her name's Fischer Audio DBA-02. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 1, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #14 of 20
I'm all about the Chinese twins myself.  Not identical, alas, one's a little older, a little more experienced, the other's much easier to please.  But both of them are all about the details.  Their names are RE0 and RE-ZERO, I suggest you get to know them!  Word on the street is they like to slum it with some cheap playa named Sansa.  Something about good synergy and all that.

Oct 1, 2010 at 1:04 PM Post #15 of 20
what a stupid thread...I hate when people try to be witty for the purpose of being witty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back