"Help! - I Need Rap / Hip Hop Cans for < $250 & Under Canadian"
Jul 4, 2010 at 8:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

PrODuCeRR

New Head-Fier
Hey Everyone I have been reading on this site for the past month and decided i need to upgrade my skullcandy ink buds yes i know laugh it lol ... Anyways I am on mission to find pair of Cans That Are Good for Rap - Hip Hop Music so something on the bass heavy side of things, I am also looking for overall good quality sound but my main objective is getting a really good pair of headphones to plug into my computer and put on a rap song and just let it pump, i will be getting a usb or some kind of headphone amp if you are wondering now i have 15 pairs of headphones that after doing research these are the ones i have came up with. I did have Over 30 pairs of headphones i was looking at but i broke it down to Half:

[size=small]1. Allen & Heath XONE XD-53 Studio DJ Headphones ( Price[/size] 180 Canadian )
2. Shure SRH-750DJ Headphones ( Price 160 Canadian )
3. Audio Technica ATH-M50`s Headphones  ( Price 135 Canadian )
4. Ultrasone HFI 580 Headphone`s   ( Price 170 Canadian )
5. Ultrasone HFI 780 Headphone`s   ( Price 185 Canaidan )
6. Ultrasone DJ1 Pro`s Headphones ( Price 170 Canadian )
7. Denon DN-HP1000 Pro Headphones   ( Price 150-160 Canadian )
8. Sony MDR-V7000 DJ Headphones   ( Price 100 Canadian )
9. Stanton Pro DJ-2000 Headphones  ( Price 100 Canadian )
10. Ultrasone HFI 580`s Headphones ( Price 190-200 Can )
11. Audio Technica ATH-ES7 BK Portable Headphones ( Price 130 Can )
12. Sony MDR XB-700 Extra Bass Headphones  ( Price 100 Canadian )
13. Audio Technica ATH A700 Headphones ( Price 140 Canadian )
14. M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Headphones  ( Pirce 150 Canadian )
15. Audio Technica ATH-PRO700 SV DJ Headphones ( 150 Canadian)

like i said yes i like to listen to rap , hip-hop , and I have to admit I like bass punchy vibrations but I do not like a cheap bass I am looking for a headphone I can blast pretty high and the bass will not fuzz out and distort the other sound, but like i said again I want heavy bass but i want a good thumping bass like a 250 dollar bass not bass like you would find in skullcandy`s if you know what i mean.

Now I know I will get alot of Different Answer but i just want to know what your opinions are on which one of these headphones are superior to the others in Bass and overall sound but mostly Bass reponse. Choose 2 or 3 and list the one`s you think will vibrate of my head when I Blast Them, Not Really but i would like that , Anyways Thanks Guy For Your Help And I Would Like to Give A Shout To 1Time..

Jul 5, 2010 at 2:44 AM Post #2 of 20
How many threads did you make on this topic 
blink.gif

Jul 5, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #5 of 20
If it's just for hip hop and nothing else.... Dare I recommend.... Beat by Dre Studio. I can't help it, with Hip Hop they're flippin exhilarating. The Beat loops shake your head, and the vocals come through clear enough for Hip Hop. 

But if plan on listening to anything else, go with something else. ONECALL.COM has them for $216 if you get them open box. Never heard the Ultrasones but I'm fairly sure they're better all rounders. 

Jul 5, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #6 of 20

Quote:
but i have heard the ultrasone 580 have way better bass then the 780`s do

Honestly, I don't think you'd want more bass than the 780s have, especially if you don't have a nice source and amp to help control it. If you're set on the 580s then get them, but I don't think you'd be disappointed with the 780s at all. I actually had to find ways to tone the bass down on the 780s because they came with so much impact and force that my ears got fatigued after half an hour of listening. I'd start with the 780s first as they have better resale value than the 580s. If you don't think they have enough bass, then sell them on here and go for the 580s.

Jul 5, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #8 of 20
Ok so should I get a pair of Beats By Dre Studios Or The Ultrasone HFI 580 Now Beats By Dre Studios Are 299 or 350 In Canada where I am now i can get a pair of beats by dre studios for about 200 dollars and i can get the Ultrasone HFI 580 For about 160 , or Denon AD-HP1000 For 140-150, so what do you guys think i should do since i am just looking for something that is mainly going to bounce of my head when listening to rap music ..

Jul 6, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #9 of 20
Don't disregard the Beyerdynamic DT770s. They have some rather meaty bass and mids.

They're pretty easy to find in Canada and if you can't find any near you, the FS forum tends to be great if you don't mind buying used. Not to yank my own doodle, but I do have a pair up for sale now!
wink_face.gif

Aside from those fellas, I've heard good things from customers regarding the SRH750DJs who use them for DJing and the like.

Jul 6, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #10 of 20
Beyerdynamic DT770s, loved them when I tried them on at GC but I didn't have enough to purchase them :frowning2:

Jul 6, 2010 at 5:34 AM Post #13 of 20
Edit: see my other posts.
Quote:
In Canada where I am now i can get a pair of beats by dre studios for about 200 dollars and i can get the Ultrasone HFI 580 For about 160 , or Denon AD-HP1000 For 140-150, so what do you guys think i should do since i am just looking for something that is mainly going to bounce of my head when listening to rap music ..

Jul 6, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #14 of 20
If you can get Beyer DT770 Pros at that range, they will have more than enough bass for you.  Go for it.

Jul 6, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:
If you can get Beyer DT770 Pros at that range, they will have more than enough bass for you.  Go for it.

This is one of the rare times I'd recommend them. I feel they were more suited for hip hop though imo not too much else. I'd suggest trying them out at Guitar Center to see if they fit what you're looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back