Help! I can't let go of my supermini-iv
May 5, 2007 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

b1gben83

New Head-Fier
I just can't bring myself to send my supermini back to xin for the 4/11/2007 revisions. It has the January updates already and it sounds so good already. I don't want to go without it for a month. I do have another amp to use in the interim if and when i do send it in...I can't decide.

To anyone who had a supermini before and after the the 4/11/2007 updates, I know it is worth it to send it in, but should I send my supermini back immediately?

May 5, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #2 of 10
I feel for you. I have the LE but not with the latest power supply upgrades and I only live 40 minutes from Xin but I am not sure how long it would take him to get it updated and I enjoy the sound very much. I have plenty to listen to but the LE us just that good.

May 5, 2007 at 3:56 PM Post #3 of 10
I have both a December Supermini IV and also a post 4/11 Supermacro LE..............by all means - go for the 4/11 updates. It's been night and day for me and I'm trying to moderate my urges to send it in despite whatever his backlog might be at the moment.

May 5, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #4 of 10
yea i need to get it sent back my LE for the 4/11 updates but he hasnt said for people to send it back yet

and I love by LE (huge soundstage, lush sounds, nice big controlled bass) but is it worth the $350+ that I spent for it? I dont know anymore, maybe I'll know after the updates

May 5, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have both a December Supermini IV and also a post 4/11 Supermacro LE..............by all means - go for the 4/11 updates. It's been night and day for me and I'm trying to moderate my urges to send it in despite whatever his backlog might be at the moment.

Great, thanks alot! :^) Now one more nail in the sign that will read, LE not available for use. Well it will be well worth it, of that I am sure,. . l. yes? It always has been. Now John, get a box or drive the LE up to Xin's, let go of it from that grip that is so tight that all the blood has gone from your fingers and move on. John, just do it. . . . John . . .

May 5, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #7 of 10
Idea: Order a new one and sell your old amp when you get the new one. This way you won't have to be without a xin amp at all. The downside is that you might have to wait a tad longer for the updated amp and you might lose some money.

Worth considering if you can't stand being without a xin for a month.

May 5, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #8 of 10
If he loses money he'd have done it wrong................but, whatever - now, you've got to be completely nuts not to have a current Xin as your portable amp!

May 6, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #9 of 10
Ok. I'll send it in as soon as I try out some more opamps...
rolleyes.gif

May 6, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #10 of 10
I believe the cure for this is to have a spare amp to play with while waiting. Myself I am planning to get a Go-Vibe V5s with AD8620/8610 opamps and 24V power supply - this setup closely resembles SuperMicro-IV in terms of SQ - close but not quite there, but hey it will cost me just $65 to keep them so no worries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back