Help i can't decide Audio Technica ATH-ANC7B or Sennheiser HD 518
Jul 25, 2013 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

FastFire

New Head-Fier
Hi i would like the opinions of you guys about which one i should get, i'll be using them for music/games and i cant decide which one i should get. I really liked the noise cancelling feature from the audio technica and they look comfortable and i read some reviews they say the sound isnt bad, i tested the Sennheiser HD 558 is the 518 similar on the sound/comfort aspect? because i noticed a huge diference beetween the 439 and the 558 (on the sound/comfort part). Well i have those 2 as options to buy and i dont't know if the 518 is so much better than the audio technica, i couldn't try them i only managed to try on the 558 and its good, but the price go way up here). I'll be waiting and thanks for your time!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #2 of 6
Sometimes you can get a used HD558 for just over $100, on amazon or eBay.

Jul 26, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #3 of 6
I own a pair of the Audio Technica ATH-ANC7B's and with these headphones it really depends what you are looking to use them for. I have not listened to or owned any sennheiser headphones but they are known for their sound. The Audio Technica's noise cancelling feature is great and you can definitely tell there is a difference, you can still hear people talking around you but that is because it blocks out ambient noise. It does muffle their voices a little bit. When you are playing music though you can barely hear anything outside of the headphones, given you still will hear a little bit of noise. If you travel a lot or will use them in noisy places they are good to have as that is what I bought them for. The sound of the Audio Technica's are good for regular listening and using while traveling. It is good but I imagine the sennheisers sound will be better. So if you want good sound but are willing to sacrifice the active noise cancelling then the sennheisers are good, if you want noise cancelling then the Audio Technica's are good.I am not going to try and say which one sounds better because I have not heard the sennheisers but I imagine that the sennheisers will be better. the sennheisers are closed back so they will block out some noise. If anyone would like to correct me on any of this feel free to.

Jul 27, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks for the tips, i ended up getting the sennheiser's but now i got a new issue.... the cable is to big and the connection is huge (with the adapter), i tried to look on amazon and other websites but i cant find anywhere a replacement cable short for ipod/cellphone..., Im in canada guess im unlucky here.

Jul 27, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Thanks for the tips, i ended up getting the Sennheiser's but now i got a new issue.... the cable is to big and the connection is huge (with the adapter), i tried to look on amazon and other websites but i cant find anywhere a replacement cable short for iPod/cellphone..., I'm in Canada guess I'm unlucky here.

Grade make a "Mini Adapter Cable" that is a 6 inch long 1/4" female to 1/8" male adapter.
Usually sells for $14.95
http://www.gradolabs.com/page_accessories.php?item=af057189070b2cce5d99b942344ebf73

Jul 28, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #6 of 6
Well the 518 came with one of that but im looking for a new cable with a "L" shaped/ or "I" shaped end and smaller =S, anyone know a store that sell or cut cables in canada(if they sell online would be awsome)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back