HELP HELP HELP
Oct 4, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #16 of 19
I just wasn't happy with the 990 for what I really wanted these for, and that was practicing drums and being able to here the drums a bit, but now that I have these I am coming addicted to listening to all sorts of music with the phones on. I have a very high end home system and I never thought anything could sound as good as that but these Grados have changed me. They sound great without the amp. but the amp gives them a much bigger sound. I also have custom in ear monitors and these are just way different. If i'm not mistaken the little dot will put out 800 watts at 32 ohm so if thats the case I wouldn't have to push the volume to get a clean loud sound.

Oct 4, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #17 of 19
  I just wasn't happy with the 990 for what I really wanted these for, and that was practicing drums and being able to here the drums a bit, but now that I have these I am coming addicted to listening to all sorts of music with the phones on. I have a very high end home system and I never thought anything could sound as good as that but these Grados have changed me. They sound great without the amp. but the amp gives them a much bigger sound. I also have custom in ear monitors and these are just way different. If i'm not mistaken the little dot will put out 800 watts at 32 ohm so if thats the case I wouldn't have to push the volume to get a clean loud sound.

Yes, Grados have a very addictive sound.
LD1+ = 800mW-32Ohms.

Oct 4, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #19 of 19
  I was also looking at the Oppo ha-2, mainly because it looks more portable then the LD1+. Heck maybe I need both. LOL

From here on in its a downward spiral for your wallet! 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back