Help for some iBud-like Earbuds!
Oct 17, 2009 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

DeusEx

Headphoneus Supremus
I've owned my Sennheiser MX 760s for some time now, and don't get me wrong - they do sound great for the price. However, there are 2 major things that truly irk me: The modular cable design is incredibly frustrating, as without the extension cable, it's way too short to be used, and with it, the cable dangles all the way down to my knees. The other thing is - the cable is of the same material as my CX300, a rubbery, sillicon-like texture that bounces around way too much. The combination of both have brought me to look for some other earbuds (half the time I can't have isolation, the other half I use my SE530 and soon-to-be JH13). I only have 2 requests: regular cable design, like that of the stock iPod earbuds, and regular, plastic cable material that just stays put, also like that of the iPod earbuds. Essentially, a much better-sounding iBud. They have to sound as good, if not better than the MX760s. Will be run straight out of a Samsung P3, and maybe an iPod Touch/Zune HD. No amp for on-the-go.

Any good choices out there?

Oct 17, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #2 of 22
Yuins? And paint them white. xD

Oct 18, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #3 of 22
i have mx760 too n i just made another ekstension cable that shorter than the original n have better build quality,, DONE!
tongue.gif

Oct 18, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #4 of 22
PK3!

Oct 18, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by santsant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have mx760 too n i just made another ekstension cable that shorter than the original n have better build quality,, DONE!
tongue.gif

Please expound. PK3 pics seem like it has a sillicone cable - it doesn't?

Oct 19, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #8 of 22
get the OK3's instead. basically as good as the PK2 but a lil less $$ unless u just want the cheaper PK3 its still amazing. I just got my OK2's n they sound amazing. +1 for the Yuins.

p.s. please dont paint them white!!!

Oct 20, 2009 at 4:51 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why does the OK3 look like it come with IEM plugs?

Because it does. It can be used as an earbud or a shallow-insertion canalphone.

Btw, I just got my hands on a set of the PAA-1 earbuds that come with the amp3 (but do pop up on the FS forum occasionally), and IMO they surpass both the MX760 and PK3 in overall SQ. Also, the cord is plastic, not rubberized like the Yuins (but is a j-cord).

Oct 21, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because it does. It can be used as an earbud or a shallow-insertion canalphone.

Btw, I just got my hands on a set of the PAA-1 earbuds that come with the amp3 (but do pop up on the FS forum occasionally), and IMO they surpass both the MX760 and PK3 in overall SQ. Also, the cord is plastic, not rubberized like the Yuins (but is a j-cord).

How do the Yuin series compare to the S4's or Ne-7's? I'm interested to see how similarly priced earbuds compare to in-ear-canal phones.

Oct 21, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Q-Tip-81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do the Yuin series compare to the S4's or Ne-7's? I'm interested to see how similarly priced earbuds compare to in-ear-canal phones.

PK3:
-Wider soundstage
-cleaner, tighter, & more accurate bass (more punchy than powerful)
-more forward mids
-more even sound across the whole response range

NE-7M:
-more of a v-shaped response curve
-deeper bass extension with more 'thump'
-smoother-sounding

Users who are viewing this thread

Back