Help for Decent IEMs
Jun 10, 2020 at 3:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

JediMa70

500+ Head-Fier
I'm not a big fan of IEM probably due to my ears shape :ksc75smile: but I still want to get decent ones for 50$, (I wonder if in this price range I can find something with detatchable cable). Sound wise neutral but not completely without bass, I had the HIfiman RE 400 but they sounded really too flat. I'm going to use them with a FiiO M9.

Thank you

Jun 10, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #2 of 26
Tin Hifi T2 (replaceable cable)
Final Audio E1000 (non-replaceable cable)

Maybe the Upcoming Moondrop SSR can be a good one.

Jun 10, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #4 of 26
T2
Final Audio E3000

Jun 10, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #5 of 26
Very good replies here !
I like Thin T2 and BL03 price wise here in italy 47,99 euro and 34,99 both in price range.

Jun 10, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #6 of 26
Something with a traditional barrel shape would probably be good for you if your ear shape causes problems. Basically comes down purely to the tips holding them in place with little interaction with the rest of your ear.

A bunch of nice ones, without detachable cables unfortunately, would be the Moondrop Spaceship, Kinera Tyr, or Pioneer CH3 (edit: oh yeah, and the Final E2000). The Double Tap R2 is another decent one that has a detachable cable. Pricing is a little higher than your limit but if you get it without accessories, and buy a $10-20 cable separate (my suggested setup), you have a pretty awesome iem for around 50 USD.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #7 of 26
Something with a traditional barrel shape would probably be good for you if your ear shape causes problems. Basically comes down purely to the tips holding them in place with little interaction with the rest of your ear.

A bunch of nice ones, without detachable cables unfortunately, would be the Moondrop Spaceship, Kinera Tyr, or Pioneer CH3. The Double Tap R2 is another decent one that has a detachable cable. Pricing is a little higher than your limit but if you get it without accessories, and buy a $10-20 cable separate (my suggested setup), you have a pretty awesome iem for around 50 USD.
Well detachable cable is not really mandatory, let's say that's a nice option, so also yours are very interesting, sadly the last ones are not availabe on Amazon.it

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #8 of 26
Tin Hifi T2 (replaceable cable)
Final Audio E1000 (non-replaceable cable)

Maybe the Upcoming Moondrop SSR can be a good one.
I second all three of these recommendations. All 3 have a neutral-ish tuning.
BL03 is a great sounding IEM (IMO), and is balanced sounding, but it is NOT at all neutral.

Jun 10, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #9 of 26
Well detachable cable is not really mandatory, let's say that's a nice option, so also yours are very interesting, sadly the last ones are not availabe on Amazon.it

Ah, I missed seeing your location. Double Tap is based out of the US. They might ship to Italy... https://doubletapaudio.com/pages/shipping-methods. Might be worth checking out if you're particularly keen on them, but I suspect shipping costs would counter that.

Edit: The TinHiFi T2 that everyone is recommending is a great earphone but many complain about fit so I left it off my list. Otherwise, oh yeah, it would be on there.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #10 of 26
I forgot to add that I owned for a bit the iBasso T01 and I've hardly found a way to seal them in my ears and I didn't enjoy that much their sound and considering their price I just returned them to Amazon.
I listen all the possible genres, but mainly rock and metal, so I was wondering if the T2 trebles are not sharp with rock, because in that case the v shaped BL 03 could be a solid alternative

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #11 of 26
Final Audio E2000 or E3000, they aren’t neutral but are superbly musical. The final audio E1000 is more neutral, though. I do not own the E1000 so I cannot say yea or nea regarding their musicality.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #12 of 26
I listen all the possible genres, but mainly rock and metal, so I was wondering if the T2 trebles are not sharp with rock, because in that case the v shaped BL 03 could be a solid alternative
I’m pretty treble sensitive, and I don’t find the T2 to be very bright, though if you’re very sensitive, the E1000 seem like they’re less bright. Don’t get the T2 Pro. The T2s fit me w/o any problems, but the Final Es are probably a safer bet.

Final Audio E2000 or E3000, they aren’t neutral but are superbly musical. The final audio E1000 is more neutral, though. I do not own the E1000 so I cannot say yea or nea regarding their musicality.
I’m sure the E1000, E2000, and E3000 are all great, with increasing levels of bass as you go up.

Jun 10, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #13 of 26
Fit on the blon bl-03 is garbage, I would not risk that and they're certainly not neutral and the stock cable is junk.

Final audio recommendations are probably your best bet given your fit issues. TRN IM2 may be worth a look too.

Edit: I mentioned the TRN BA5 by mistake, the IM2 would probably be a better fit, but the BA5 is probably ok, but larger than the IM2.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2020 at 5:37 AM Post #14 of 26
Fit on the blon bl-03 is garbage, I would not risk that and they're certainly not neutral and the stock cable is junk.

Final audio recommendations are probably your best bet given your fit issues. TRN IM2 may be worth a look too.

Edit: I mentioned the TRN BA5 by mistake, the IM2 would probably be a better fit, but the BA5 is probably ok, but larger than the IM2.
IM2 looked really interesting but they are not available anymore there are just TRN BA5 and V80

Jun 11, 2020 at 5:42 AM Post #15 of 26
I’m pretty treble sensitive, and I don’t find the T2 to be very bright, though if you’re very sensitive, the E1000 seem like they’re less bright. Don’t get the T2 Pro. The T2s fit me w/o any problems, but the Final Es are probably a safer bet.

I’m sure the E1000, E2000, and E3000 are all great, with increasing levels of bass as you go up.
I'm not so delicate bout trebles I was only afraid that they were going to mess some of my fav music :) . In general the fitting matter is the reason why I want to buy them on Amazon only because in case any IEM won't really fit I can send them back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back