Help for buyinga good headphone
Mar 27, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #16 of 38
Shure 840's for blues jazz vocals acoustic. (foward mids)

ATH-M50's for the most dynamic experience, everything sounds good.  Great bass, WITHOUT QUESTION better for electronic music.

Mar 27, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #17 of 38
BUMP guys....review for hd 280 pro is what i seek...?? Will i be disappointed if i buy one. I need closed headphones. ATH m50 costs $159 which im not readyto afford for just a pair of headphones. Bcoz im no an audiophile. under $100 closed headphones i can see oly hd 280 pro. So seeking reviews for tat.. 

Mar 27, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #18 of 38

Quote:
Sorry to cut in here but I'm in the same situation and am
looking for headphones that deliver clear vocals and aren't too bass heavy (as I mainly listen to vocals, blues, soul..)
What would you suggest?

how much money do you plan to spend on it? and what are you looking for? headphones? iems? my etymotic research hf 5 is pretty good for that, its an around 100 dollars iem.

Mar 27, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #20 of 38

Quote:
Sorry to cut in here but I'm in the same situation and am
looking for headphones that deliver clear vocals and aren't too bass heavy (as I mainly listen to vocals, blues, soul..)
What would you suggest?

The CAL! is right up your alley and shipped cost a good deal less than $100 in the US.  For $10 +/- more you can also get the Koss Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone.

The CAL! is very easy to drive and sounds great from an iphone.  It also comes with a short cord for mobility plus a plug-in extension.  It is a slightly improved clone of the well regarded Denon D1001.

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #23 of 38

Quote:
The CAL! is right up your alley and shipped cost a good deal less than $100 in the US.  For $10 +/- more you can also get the Koss Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone.

The CAL! is very easy to drive and sounds great from an iphone.  It also comes with a short cord for mobility plus a plug-in extension.  It is a slightly improved clone of the well regarded Denon D1001.

+1

Mar 27, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #24 of 38

Quote:
Shure 840's for blues jazz vocals acoustic. (foward mids)

ATH-M50's for the most dynamic experience, everything sounds good.  Great bass, WITHOUT QUESTION better for electronic music.

I haven't read much reviews on the Shure 840's but I'll look into that. I'm trying not to spend much more than $120.

Quote:
how much money do you plan to spend on it? and what are you looking for? headphones? iems? my etymotic research hf 5 is pretty good for that, its an around 100 dollars iem.

I'l looking to spend around $120. The most I'm willing to go up is $150 but even that is stretching it. This are my first expensive (to me) headphones and I don't want to spend a lot because I'm new to this audiophile thing and various types of headphones.

I'm mainly looking for headphones, doesn't matter if they're open or closed or leak sound or not, sound quality and comfort is more important to me.

Quote:

Does this absolutely require an amp for the music to sound decent? What do you mean by drive?
Also, I read a few reviews on it, and some people said that it's bass heavy, your thoughts on it?

Quote:

Would you be kind enough to list a few reasons why you like them, please?

Mar 27, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #26 of 38
OP do you need to block out sound? If not, the CAL! will be great.

If you do need isolation, try the M50 or KRK KNS-8400. The KRKs are very detailed headphones, more balanced than the M50s and are comfortable too. You can also get them for $109 on ebay.

These headphones are all better than the HD280s IMO.

Mar 27, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #27 of 38

Quote:
I haven't read much reviews on the Shure 840's but I'll look into that. I'm trying not to spend much more than $120.

I'l looking to spend around $120. The most I'm willing to go up is $150 but even that is stretching it. This are my first expensive (to me) headphones and I don't want to spend a lot because I'm new to this audiophile thing and various types of headphones.

I'm mainly looking for headphones, doesn't matter if they're open or closed or leak sound or not, sound quality and comfort is more important to me.

Does this absolutely require an amp for the music to sound decent? What do you mean by drive?
Also, I read a few reviews on it, and some people said that it's bass heavy, your thoughts on it?

Would you be kind enough to list a few reasons why you like them, please?

for your music, i think the shure srh 940 is really good. i dont have it though i have read some reviews for it but its out of your price range... there are even occasions that i have seen it being compared to the sennheiser flagship hd 800...

Mar 27, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #28 of 38

Quote:
OP do you need to block out sound? If not, the CAL! will be great.

If you do need isolation, try the M50 or KRK KNS-8400. The KRKs are very detailed headphones, more balanced than the M50s and are comfortable too. You can also get them for $109 on ebay.

These headphones are all better than the HD280s IMO.

You are missing the fact that the OP is in India and you are refering to an item on ebay.com with free delivery to a US address. The same item to India is going to incur $45 shipping plus any customs and clearance charges, final cost is going to be nearer $200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back