Help: Folders vs. files on DAP SD card
Feb 3, 2018 at 1:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

HalSF

New Head-Fier
I just bought a Hidisz AP60ii DAP and now I need to add music from my iTunes Music library on my Mac to the microSD card I’ll be using. Total newbie here.

On my Mac, song files are inside album folders, and the album folders are inside Artist folders.

My question is, can I drag and drop Artist and Album music folders onto the SD card, or do I need to drop song files, and not the folders containing them, into the Music folder on the SD card?

In other words, will my DAP be able to find and organize the music *inside multiple folders* on the SD card? Or do I need to put individual song files (without the folders they were inside of on computer) into a single Music folder.

All of the online instructions I’m finding address moving music files on an SD card, but I can’t find instructions for how to handle folder structure on the DAP’s SD card.

Feb 3, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #4 of 5
I just bought a Hidisz AP60ii DAP and now I need to add music from my iTunes Music library on my Mac to the microSD card I’ll be using. Total newbie here.

On my Mac, song files are inside album folders, and the album folders are inside Artist folders.

My question is, can I drag and drop Artist and Album music folders onto the SD card, or do I need to drop song files, and not the folders containing them, into the Music folder on the SD card?

In other words, will my DAP be able to find and organize the music *inside multiple folders* on the SD card? Or do I need to put individual song files (without the folders they were inside of on computer) into a single Music folder.

All of the online instructions I’m finding address moving music files on an SD card, but I can’t find instructions for how to handle folder structure on the DAP’s SD card.

My music has always been organized like this and I've not had any issues, my Shanling and Hifiman Daps both recognize the music files regardless of how many folders they are buried in. An each DAP has allowed me to explore or dive through the folder structure with ease if I take the time to ID3 tag better I can use artist/album to browse but I never do, as again I prefer my folder system for organizing

Feb 3, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks, all, as @Mshenay suggests, the answer is that the DAP successfully reads and scans microSD card's folders inside the card's Music folder, and uses that folder structure to organize the music by album and artist.

Without using folders to contain albums, the DAP puts individual music files in the top music folder and they’re not grouped into albums.

Pretty elementary, I know, but I just couldn’t find this answer anywhere before just going ahead and trying.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back