Help flashing AV-710 to prodigy
Jul 4, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #46 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by happyhifibasten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine passed the dts test like a charm. I will check the version and setup when I get home.

thanx in advance i am quite annoyed that i failed the bitperfect dts test .

Note: I am using just winamp and/or WMP with direct sound. Am not using kernel streaming and/or asio plugin for winamp.

On another note: My audigy 2 zs was able to play dts/dts es and dd and ddes via spdif in passthrough mode. But i suspect somehow the windvd application was tagging the stream dts or dd or dts/es.

what are peoples thoughts on this?

Jul 4, 2007 at 7:37 AM Post #47 of 56
Update: I installed asio4all and asio plugin for winamp... and now i have bitperfect.

I thought with this soundcard you got bitperfect from digital out wihtout the need to install asio4all and asio plugin for various applications.

e.g how would one get bitperfect from WMP and or ITUNES QUICKTIME and other APPS.

thanx

Jul 4, 2007 at 8:15 AM Post #48 of 56
you have new drivers here if you want..
yesterday I was thinking,if any bios modder could "fuse" the audiotrak bios for the digital in th av-710 bios,so ppl could use the full card,that would be good nope?

Jul 5, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #49 of 56
Glad you got it worked. Anyway, I am using driver 2.18 and foobar with ks when doing the test.

BTW, why do you need to use asio4all? Prodigy driver should include native asio support.

Quote:

Originally Posted by radio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Update: I installed asio4all and asio plugin for winamp... and now i have bitperfect.

I thought with this soundcard you got bitperfect from digital out wihtout the need to install asio4all and asio plugin for various applications.

e.g how would one get bitperfect from WMP and or ITUNES QUICKTIME and other APPS.

thanx

Jul 5, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #50 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by happyhifibasten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad you got it worked. Anyway, I am using driver 2.18 and foobar with ks when doing the test.

BTW, why do you need to use asio4all? Prodigy driver should include native asio support.

I realised that after i posted it....

So here is my understanding of how this works someoen correct me if i am wrong.

- you get av710...
- you reflash it to prodigy or any other flavour i have about 12 eproms..
- you install prodigy or repsective driver

- to get bitperfect you have to use ASIO plugin for winamp and/or KS plugin for winamp.
- to get bitperfect for other applications similar if not you stream to foobar which can bitperfect out.

because my understanding was every app without any plugin would spit out bitperfect but i understand that windows kmixer interferes and it wont be bitperfect.

thanx

Nov 28, 2007 at 1:06 AM Post #52 of 56
Well, I kind of feel like an idiot, but I don't have access to floppy and DOS boot CD cannot see an NTFS HD partition, so how can I burn these files to the boot CD? I tried to simply copy them to a separate CD, but DOS complains when the boot DOS CD leaves the tray of the only optical drive on my system.

Thanks...

Dec 15, 2007 at 10:35 AM Post #54 of 56
You need a boot CD with drivers for the CD itself. This will include a device driver and MSCDEX.exe. The CD will appear both as A (from the boot image) and another drive like C or D with the needed software there.

Which CD recording software do you use?

Dec 15, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #55 of 56
I'm trying to get Dolby Digital and DTS sound out of my SPDIF output which is connected to mt HTIB Receiver (Capable of both DD5.1 and DTS). I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium (32bit). Currently my chaintech card is running the newest drivers from viaarena.

When I run PowerDVD and play Kill Bill Vol. 1 with DTS enabled, I get absolutely zero sound coming out of my speakers. PowerDVD is setup to SPDIF output.

Would flashing to Prodigy help me achieve DD and DTS?

I'm sure I need to provide more information to get some answers, so let me know, and I'll answer as best as possible. Any and all help is appreciated!

Dec 12, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #56 of 56
Hello, I'm resurrecting this old thread to ask if someone could please post the correct "eepromo.ini" values to make my AV-710 card appear as a Prodigy7.1.
Years ago I obtained the flashing tool, eeprwa.exe, but I have only had reason to use it just now, and I have discovered that my particular eeprom.ini file is to change a TerraTec Aureon to a Prodigy HD2. When I open that eeprom.ini in Notepad, these are the contents:

Offset#0=41;
Offset#1=54;
Offset#2=31;
Offset#3=37;
Offset#4=78;
Offset#5=78;
Offset#6=78;
Offset#7=78;
Offset#8=45;
Offset#9=47;
Offset#A=4F;
Offset#B=53;
Offset#C=59;
Offset#D=53;
Offset#E=FF;
Offset#F=FF;
Offset#10=FF;
Offset#11=FF;
Offset#12=FF;
Offset#13=FF;
Offset#14=FF;
Offset#15=FF;
Offset#16=FF;
Offset#17=FF;
Offset#18=FF;
Offset#19=FF;
Offset#1A=FF;
Offset#1B=FF;
Offset#1C=FF;
Offset#1D=FF;
Offset#1E=FF;
Offset#1F=FF;

This eeprom.ini flashed successfully to my AV-710, but after installing the Prodigy HD2 Windows drivers, I discovered that many functions of the card were disabled, and there is no control panel.
Clearly I need a better .ini file.
Could someone please post the correct eeprom.ini contents?
Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back