Help flashing AV-710 to prodigy
Aug 15, 2005 at 9:56 AM Post #16 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerb
Im curious aswell, from the sounds of it it turns the AV710 (5.1) to a prodigy (7.1)?
blink.gif

It's all about the bit-perfect digital out. I'd like to know what the guys at VIA messed up in the drivers that it isn't on the AV-710 in stock form though. Has anyone ever verified this (with latest drivers, preferably)?

Aug 15, 2005 at 10:07 AM Post #17 of 56
Here's an Aureon Sky EEPROM file btw:
Code:

Code:
[left]Offset#0=11; Offset#1=47; Offset#2=15; Offset#3=3B; Offset#4=0; Offset#5=0; Offset#6=0; Offset#7=0; Offset#8=0; Offset#9=0; Offset#A=0; Offset#B=FF; Offset#C=FF; Offset#D=FF; Offset#E=FF; Offset#F=FF; Offset#10=FF; Offset#11=FF; Offset#12=FF; Offset#13=FF; Offset#14=FF; Offset#15=FF; Offset#16=FF; Offset#17=FF; Offset#18=FF; Offset#19=FF; Offset#1A=FF; Offset#1B=FF; Offset#1C=FF; Offset#1D=FF; Offset#1E=FF; Offset#1F=FF;[/left]

Anyone know what happens with more than one matching card in the comp?

Aug 15, 2005 at 3:00 PM Post #18 of 56
thanks sgrossklass, archive updated once again..

Aug 15, 2005 at 11:20 PM Post #20 of 56
Now I flashed it. I am in Linux and it is not working. I didn't try it in windows because I don't ahve the driver for that either. I think I need to download a prodigy driver for linux. Where can I find it? How do I get my soundcard to work in Linux and Windows?

Aug 16, 2005 at 2:44 AM Post #21 of 56
Well the flash was a success.
But I still have problems in both OSes

WINDOWS
When I installed the driver from their site it worked perfect. Then I pressed restore default and it went high and squeeky. I messed around with it and got it back. I did that and the same thing happened numerous times. I have tried to get it to work numerous times and can't get it back to normal. How do I get it back to normal?

Linux
I have the ICE1724 driver and it describes it as ENVY24HT. But there is no sound comming out. How do I fix this?

Aug 18, 2005 at 5:56 AM Post #23 of 56
linux doesn't care what's the content of the eeprom, you don't have to flash it if you're using linux.. if you're only after digital output, you can use drivers for just about any Envy24 based card with good driver support in linux.. AP2496 comes to my mind here.. the s/pdif transmitter is a part of the Envy chip so it's not card specific, that's why it works every time..

Aug 18, 2005 at 5:19 PM Post #25 of 56
now I'm gonna be harsh, so excuse me, but..

don't try to use linux if you can't even configure it
rolleyes.gif

Aug 18, 2005 at 6:35 PM Post #26 of 56
I wouldn't really call that harsh but more common sence. But also if you think about it, You have to start somewhere. I used linux about half a year ago and I was getting good at it. Then I switched to windows for some reason now I am comming back. I know how to install programs and stuff just don't know how to get my sound card working. I got all my other hardware working properly. But if someone could help with my sound card it would be nice.

Aug 18, 2005 at 8:55 PM Post #27 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by nicknameless
I wouldn't really call teat harsh but more common sence. But also if you think about it. You have to start somewhere. I used linux about half a year agoa nd was getting good at it. Then I switched to windows for soem reason now I am cmmoing back. I know how to instlal programs and stuff just don't knwo how to get my sound card working. I got all my other hardware working properly. But if someone could help with my sound card it would be nice.

Spellcheck?

Nov 26, 2005 at 5:42 AM Post #29 of 56
Sorry to bring this back up, but i just tried the files given, followed the simple directions (ran eepwra from command) and it says "PCI bios not found" but tries to flash anyway.... i installed the prodigy drivers and nothing...

I am booting up in safe mode command prompt... Trying to download Burning software that will allow me to make a boot-able cd.....unless, some one knows how?
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2005 at 10:11 AM Post #30 of 56
boot disk worked, however the quality with optical out and prodigy drivers is pretty bad...for me atleast. music gets louder and softer, and scratchy... I just flashed back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back