Help finding perfect headphones
Sep 14, 2014 at 2:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

stevendom

New Head-Fier
Hello, I am looking for the perfect pair of over ear headphones to fit my needs. My main use will be for gaming but i also want to use them to listen to music occasionaly. I would like them to make me feel like im in the game with full emersion, explosions and such. I would also like to have the ability to hear footsteps or a rustle in a bush to give me that extra advantage in fps. sense i will be wearing them for a long time confort is important. Videogames are more important than music but i would like to get the best sound quality possible while also being good for video games. I mainly listen to rap and hip hop but if the headphones genrally sound good with music it would be fine. If you know of any headphones that fit my guidlines please share. Thank you. 

Sep 14, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #2 of 14
Hello, I am looking for the perfect pair of over ear headphones to fit my needs. My main use will be for gaming but i also want to use them to listen to music occasionaly. I would like them to make me feel like im in the game with full emersion, explosions and such. I would also like to have the ability to hear footsteps or a rustle in a bush to give me that extra advantage in fps. sense i will be wearing them for a long time confort is important. Videogames are more important than music but i would like to get the best sound quality possible while also being good for video games. I mainly listen to rap and hip hop but if the headphones genrally sound good with music it would be fine. If you know of any headphones that fit my guidlines please share. Thank you. 

Hi, a headphone suitable for your interests would be AKG K712 Pro or the Q701 if you want to save some money.

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #3 of 14
The Q701 will do everything you want bit be sure to test their comfort. I personally find them a nightmare for anything more than 30 minutes and I'm not alone. Some others say they are very comfortable though so, as ever, YMMV.

Sep 14, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #4 of 14
Hi, a headphone suitable for your interests would be AKG K712 Pro or the Q701 if you want to save some money.

I was reading some reviews for those headphone you recomended and the reviews say you need a good amp. I dont plan on buying an amp or a sound card or anything like that. Do you think they will sound fine without them. 

Sep 14, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #5 of 14
A sound card can largely benefit immersion in games, and will provide quite the advantage in competitive FPS due to the virtual surround solutions they offer.  The Audio Technica ATH-AD700X and AD900X are great gaming headphones that don't need an amp.  They should be about equal to each other for gaming, the AD900X's advantage will be heard in music.  

Sep 14, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Probably the ASUS Xonar DG or DGX, but it's worth trying Razer Surround first, which is a free software.  

I de-recommend razer surround. I tried it with my headphones and I found that their drivers actually introduce more distortion than your onboard drivers. I would personally stick with the drivers what Windows recommends for you.

Quote:
  I have a asus z97a motherboard do you think the onboard sound card may be good enough.

the sonic boost from upgrading dacs/sound cards is quite minor compared to headphones, so I wouldn't really worry about it.

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #13 of 14
I think i listen to music a little more than what the ath ad900x's ahve to offer, im willing to sacrifice a little gaming sound for more quality music listening. If you know of anyothers please share, if not the ad900x's will be just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back