Help Finding New “Fun” Sounding Headphone
Apr 26, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #16 of 21
Closed -
Top of price range, Klipsch HP3
Easy on the wallet - Meze 99 Noir
I was gonna say get the Aiva, I have it and it's great. Very aggressive, in your face sound signature with treble detail for days yet nmever fatiguing. But I can't argue with either of these two suggestions either.

Apr 27, 2020 at 9:21 PM Post #17 of 21
Also look into the Fostex tr-x00. Comes in different flavors. The Ebony seems most balanced, yet still fun and engaging. The purple heart is going to offer some additional treble. There is also the E-mu Teak, which a lot of folks favor most.

Thanks for the suggestions I’ll check them out. It’s really sucks I can’t listen to any of them without buying them. With so many choices it’s hard to say which one I would prefer.

Is the Meze 99 Noir the same headphone as the classic or are they different? I’ve heard good things about the classics.

Apr 27, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #18 of 21
Thanks for the suggestions I’ll check them out. It’s really sucks I can’t listen to any of them without buying them. With so many choices it’s hard to say which one I would prefer.

Is the Meze 99 Noir the same headphone as the classic or are they different? I’ve heard good things about the classics.
Same for the most part. Same drivers. Noir comes with a smaller set of pads - use those. Pads aren't identical to the original 99 Classics, but close enough. For 2 bills, absolute steal.

Apr 27, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #19 of 21
I was gonna say get the Aiva, I have it and it's great. Very aggressive, in your face sound signature with treble detail for days yet nmever fatiguing. But I can't argue with either of these two suggestions either.

Do the Aiva’s have good bass in your opinion? People are hyping them up that’s for sure.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #20 of 21
Do the Aiva’s have good bass in your opinion? People are hyping them up that’s for sure.
The bass is good, yes. It wa swas improved slightly with the updated perforated pads that they started coming with but I bought them afterwards as mine came with the OG pads. It's not as extended or as impactful as my LCD2C, for example. Where the Aiva really shines is it's airy treble and detail for days. I don't own a headphone quite like it. I don't think I'll ever get rid of it. I also like the idea of a handmade quality Chinese headphone. That's just cool to me. It has THE best build quality of any headphone I own. Go through the gear in my sig, that's really saying something.

Apr 27, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #21 of 21
The bass is good, yes. It wa swas improved slightly with the updated perforated pads that they started coming with but I bought them afterwards as mine came with the OG pads. It's not as extended or as impactful as my LCD2C, for example. Where the Aiva really shines is it's airy treble and detail for days. I don't own a headphone quite like it. I don't think I'll ever get rid of it. I also like the idea of a handmade quality Chinese headphone. That's just cool to me. It has THE best build quality of any headphone I own. Go through the gear in my sig, that's really saying something.

Thank you. I’ve heard the treble and detail are extremely good as well as the build quality and cables. I don’t need a lot of bass I just want it to be impactful.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back