[HELP] Faulty Fiio E7
Mar 4, 2011 at 12:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

xodaQo

New Head-Fier
I've had my Fiio E7 for several days now, and it is an outstanding product.  I've been using it with my HD555.  Build quality is top-notch, and the dramatic improvement from my laptops' audio outs is tremendous, however, there is one huge, nagging issue.

Randomly, a hissing/static sound will begin.  Sometimes it isn't very loud, but nevertheless, very irritating.  Sometimes, I literally cannot keep from wincing in pain as it completely defiles my music.  When it works, however, it is fantastic.

The problem, however, is that it happens quite regularly; probably every 4 or 5 minutes.  The hissing is fixed by unplugging the mini-USB cable from the device and plugging it back in.  No turning off or adjusting settings or otherwise changing anything is required.  I have tried various cables, and I know for a fact that the problem is not my cans nor my computer(s), as it has displayed this on four separate machines.  I have seen no mention of this problem from the various reviews of the product that I have read.

Should I RMA it to Amazon?  Will they send a replacement promptly?  Will I get any grief?  I've honestly never RMA'd anything to Amazon before.  Where do I go from here?

Mar 4, 2011 at 6:44 AM Post #2 of 4
Give reinstallation of the driver a try, and see if that helps.

Mar 4, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #4 of 4
It sounds like you troubleshot this well enough to the point where I would return it. It's probably a fluke as these are good little devices. Amazon is awesome at returns, especially if it's a defective even exchange. Go online and they will walk you through it. I think they will usually send you another unit first and then you ship your old one back prepaid (by Amazon). This is why I like buying from them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back