Help deciding...
Jul 29, 2011 at 2:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

xrayz

New Head-Fier
Hi all, i know that I'm new here but I'm in the market for a new set of earbuds and I was told that ya'll know your stuff. I want some that are in-ear, something that is portable and can use with my iphone.  I am look in the 100-150$ range. I listen to mostly hip-hop/rap, and some good ole rock n roll.  If i could get any suggestions I'd really appreciate it?

Also, are Dre beats any good?

thanks a ton!!!!!!!!!!

-Ross

Jul 29, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #2 of 3
Hi there fellow newcomer, welcome to the forums, and sorry about your wallet.
wink_face.gif

From what I've seen, I think a lot of people here can recommend the Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 In-Ear-Monitors (AKA in-canal earbuds) or the Monster Turbine IEM's. The Turbines are known more for their bass so that might suit your preferences for hip-hop/rap music. A lot of people seem to like the Brainwavz M1 IEM's too.

Check out this Wiki if you're interested in reading about other headphones in your price range.

Just as a heads up, the Beats by Dre headphones are very unpopular here as they have a really distorted sound and are more often referred here as a marketing headphone rather than a high-fidelity headphone. As you might know, the members in this community are kind of geared towards high-quality, professional sounding music gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back