Help deciding on new sound gear setup
Jan 13, 2022 at 5:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

hyg71886

Head-Fier
I am currently in the market for new headphones (iem), in house headphones, desktop amp, and mp3 player. I was looking at a few different players

RME ADI2DACFS Ultra (desktop amp/dac)
Ibasso IT07(iem)
Audeze LCD-XC or Sony MDRZ1R (cans)
SONY NW-WM1Z - iBasso DX240 - Fiio m17 - Fiio M11 LTD Plus (Source)

I listen to alot of older hiphop, rap, rock, classic rock, rnb, soul, things like that. I have been out of the hifi game for awhile so was curious as to what you guys think would be best between the headphones and mp3 player cost vs performance. In my car I have 3 way front active hertz mille legend series with AF GB12's custom installed so I wouldn't call my ears bad, im just not an expert.

Jan 13, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #2 of 3
I don't know about most of the gear you mentioned. But, the RME ADI-2 FS DAC (never heard of the ultra variant) and LCD-2C is killer. So I expect the XC to also be a great match. The RME is fiddly and it can be frustrating to set up. But it's hard to find a DAC with as many features for any amount of money and the sound is wonderful.

AFAIK RME switched to ESS since the AKM chips are becoming difficult to source.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #3 of 3
I don't know about most of the gear you mentioned. But, the RME ADI-2 FS DAC (never heard of the ultra variant) and LCD-2C is killer. So I expect the XC to also be a great match. The RME is fiddly and it can be frustrating to set up. But it's hard to find a DAC with as many features for any amount of money and the sound is wonderful.

AFAIK RME switched to ESS since the AKM chips are becoming difficult to source.
Thats what I read about those two. I was leaning towards those headphones I guess the big thing is which source to get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back