help deciding on entry IEMs
Dec 27, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #16 of 24
There's also a $10 coupon floating around local newspapers that makes the super.fi.3's only $40. I think I'm going that route tomorrow - seems like a good deal and should be easy to return if need be.

Dec 27, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by janruzinsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should considder if you buy the Super fi3 you will buy the SF5 in the next couple of months... The difference between the single and the dual drivers is huge.

I agree. I would just skip the SF3 and go straight for the SF5 Pro. I doubt you'll be disappointed. If you order from HeadRoom you can return them if you don't like them anyway.

Dec 27, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #18 of 24
I do not think he would return them.

Dec 27, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree. I would just skip the SF3 and go straight for the SF5 Pro. I doubt you'll be disappointed. If you order from HeadRoom you can return them if you don't like them anyway.

I'm aware that I won't be disappointed, I just need to think about my wallet more than my ears. I need money for gas, etc...currently jobless and running low on funds XD. I think what I'm going to do it buy the SF3s and the im716s for now, and then come my birthday, I'll either mod the im716s with a P/S connector (higher impedance to make is sound more like Er4P/S) or buy myself the SF5Pros and gift the SF3s to a friend.

Buying from headroom though...thats another story. Too expensive at 180 (I refuse to use white with my Black D2/A2/LG Voyager XD.)

Dec 28, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #21 of 24
Splurge a little more and get the Shure e4c: Shure E4c Sound Isolating Earphones - E4C - CompUPlus Direct

You can find them even cheaper if you take the time to dig around.

Unbelievably good sound reproduction. Amazingly neutral and with the most articulate and accurate bass I've ever heard in a headphone of any kind (they smoke the Grado 225's I also have here at the house).

wink.gif

Dec 28, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #22 of 24
Eh, I already pulled the trigger and did as I said I would. Altec Lansing im716s and Ultimate Ear Super.fi 3s should be arriving Jan 2nd...and until then, I'll be using my trusty KSC75s =]

Thanks for the help guys...even though I didn't really listen all too much :p

Dec 28, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by nowyoucanlaugh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eh, I already pulled the trigger and did as I said I would. Altec Lansing im716s and Ultimate Ear Super.fi 3s should be arriving Jan 2nd...and until then, I'll be using my trusty KSC75s =]

Thanks for the help guys...even though I didn't really listen all too much :p

righto!

Post some impressions once you get them mang!

wink.gif

Dec 28, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #24 of 24
If $120 is your budget, I highly suggest you push it a bit further for a pair of S.f5 pros. They're $130 at costco online if you live in cont. US or $140-$150 on amazon (depending on color). It's worth it over the sf3s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back