Help, Crackling when I listen to my music!
Sep 17, 2008 at 4:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

robenco18

Head-Fier
Hey,

So I let my viper burn for 300 hours and am now listening to some lossless music through my ipod and into my se530s. Well an acoustic guitar comes in and it starts crackling! I have no idea what is going on. It doesn't crackle when I just play it without the amp but for some reason I am getting a crackling! The bass comes in and it comes in pretty nice, but there is still the crackling going on underneath. I have no idea what to do! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. the static I was experiencing when I changed the volume knob seems to be getting worse as well. When I turn the volume all of the way up I get a constant static sound. And on my way up to full volume I seem to be hearing high pitches and maybe stuff moving around on the inside? I don't know, but this isn't making me happy.

I'm trying to not to have to send it all the way back to china. tomorrow I'm going to change the opamps and see what happens. Thanks again!

Sep 18, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #2 of 6
Most of the noise related to the volume is due to the characteristics of an opamp, usually the one in the ground channel. I have found a couple that nearly eliminate this aggravation and still sound very good, better than the stock ones. Of course, one needs to have the viper with the sockets to make any changes.

This problem is found in many amps, not just the iBasso.

HiFlight

Sep 19, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most of the noise related to the volume is due to the characteristics of an opamp, usually the one in the ground channel. I have found a couple that nearly eliminate this aggravation and still sound very good, better than the stock ones. Of course, one needs to have the viper with the sockets to make any changes.

This problem is found in many amps, not just the iBasso.

HiFlight

Hey,

Thanks for replying first off. And I actually figured it out so it's all good. Thanks!

Sep 20, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by robenco18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey,

Thanks for replying first off. And I actually figured it out so it's all good. Thanks!

Care to share what it was? Perhaps weak batteries?
redface.gif

Sep 20, 2008 at 1:35 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by robenco18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey,

Yes do share please. I also had crackling issues with my Viper. A simple reboot of the computer fixed it. Go figure.

Sep 21, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by roxxor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes do share please. I also had crackling issues with my Viper. A simple reboot of the computer fixed it. Go figure.

Haha, well now i'm going to feel like an idiot. It had nothing to do with my amp. My se530s were actually the problem" Where you can connect the different length chords I didn't have it snapped together all the way. That was it. I felt stupid. But I was so happy too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back