Help! Colorfly C3 vs iBasso DX50 vs Cowon D20
Mar 17, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #16 of 19
It looks like I will be getting maybe Colorfly C3 but the screen is really small. I have a big library of albums. do you think is comfortable to navigate through or not? Also, can it read folders and subfolders? Thank you. 

Mar 17, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #17 of 19
I love the DX50...thats why I own one I guess!

You can get them used cheap now that the DX90 is almost out too.

It still has a quirk here and there, but between the choices in FW and now Rockbox, its a very solid little DAP.

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #18 of 19
I love my C3.  I recently upgraded the amp from the BH to a C5, but the BH is very good (and gives you an easily-reached manual volume control- using the C3 control is not so easy while walking).  I just wanted a bit more oomph.  Using the C3 is simple, I walk with it, and I can reach down and FF or jump to next song easily.  The only limitation is having to actively back out of a folder to get to another folder.  I've arranged my music so I have individual albums in individual folders, as well as two walking folders of mixed music that I play on shuffle just to vary things up.  Yes, the display is teeny, but I don't need album art.  It's not laid out like an iPod or an iPhone, you can't set up your music that way, but the sound is really, really clean.  I went from an iPhone to the C3, and the difference is easily heard.  The same when I went from the BH to the C5.  Again, I'm using it to listen while I walk (2 miles daily along streets) so it's not like I'm in my house in my chair listening critically- though if I crank up the amp I can pretty much block out most ambient sounds.  For a hundred bucks the C3 is a steal, and if you spend another hundred on the BH it just makes it that much better.  Add a good connector cable for $25 and you've got the steal of the century.  I spent another two hundred + $60 for a better connector cable and made it even better.  Sure beats spending $1200 for an upper-level player like AK 120.

Nov 13, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #19 of 19
  Excellent advice H2O. I should add also the interface on the C3 really is not any harder than using a computer web browser. Seriously if you can do that then it should be a cinch.
 tapping say a forward arrow area will instantly forward , or hitting it and holding it down simply fast forwards through the tracks until you take your finger off the touchscreen area in question. same with scrolling through the folders=  the return arrow is simply much the same as a "GO BACK" button on a web browser.  Not much more than say a 5-10 minute learning curve. I was a a little worried at first , but it was really intuitive to be honest for me. SO much now that even going back to it after a while it takes little if any thought to "get it" again.
 Add a BH and it bumps it up another notch. I mean look at it there...just perfect like they were meant for each other.
beerchug.gif

I have this rig myself. C3 and BH.
I have heard many DAPs and no one is as good in detail, soundstage and dynamics. Cowon are also very good IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back