Help choosing "portable" AMP/DAC option for Sennheiser HD 560
Jul 7, 2017 at 3:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Mompy7777

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I will be getting my HD 6XX on december and Im researching on the best option for a DAC/AMP on the go for my work laptop (worst soundcard ever!), also if they are able to run on my Galaxy S7 that would be awesome!

Until now these are my options, my budget is $500 - $550:

• Audio-Technica AT-PHA100
  • iFi Micro iDSD Black Label USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier
How they compare to a basic setup like Modi 2 / Magni 2? Aditional recomendations are welcomed

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #2 of 6
I foresee tons of Chord Mojo and iDSD recommendations, and for good reason!

Jul 7, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #4 of 6
I haven't owned either but I've done an extensive amount of research since I picked up this hobby and I would say most people would recommend the Chord Mojo if you can get past the cheap looking design. But honestly either is a good pick, sorry I couldn't be of more help :/

Jul 7, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #5 of 6
I would personally go with the Mojo. Excellent SQ and super-portable. It's an upgrade from the M2/M2, though with the Multibit option, that gap is narrowed considerably, IMO. Just my opinions, YMMV.

Jul 7, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #6 of 6
Just got the Mojo today and it as good as I remember. The amp is warm but I have lots of bright cans so it works for me. Still not bad with the 6xx's the Crack is still better for me. Lots of headroom left on the Mojo. Decent choice for the 650's. YMMV as always.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back