Help choosing new cans! Beyerdynamics DT-770 or Sony MDR-1RNC
Nov 16, 2013 at 9:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ashtonb

New Head-Fier
Hey guys! Im having trouble deciding between the DT-770s and the MDR-1RNC over the ear headphones.. Im looking for minimal/no sound leakage (currently own Audio Technica ATH-M50s and they leak too much).

The Sony headphones have noise cancelling and the Beyerdynamics do not, however, I've heard that the DT-770s leak very little.

I listen to electronic, alt rock and pop music, mostly in public, such as planes, buses, quiet places, etc (on my iPhone).

Suggestions are appreciated, also, if you know any other cans that don't leak, please leave a comment.

My budget is $200-350 and I currently own a FIIO E6 amp.

Thanks for all the help!

Nov 17, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #2 of 2
  Hey guys! Im having trouble deciding between the DT-770s and the MDR-1RNC over the ear headphones.. Im looking for minimal/no sound leakage (currently own Audio Technica ATH-M50s and they leak too much).

The Sony headphones have noise cancelling and the Beyerdynamics do not, however, I've heard that the DT-770s leak very little.

I listen to electronic, alt rock and pop music, mostly in public, such as planes, buses, quiet places, etc (on my iPhone).

Suggestions are appreciated, also, if you know any other cans that don't leak, please leave a comment.

My budget is $200-350 and I currently own a FIIO E6 amp.

Thanks for all the help!

The SoundMAGIC HP100 leaks very little (inaudible unless the person is right next to you) at around 80 decibels, and offers complete isolation at this level and a bit lower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back