Help choosing DAC/AMP or DAC+AMP for IEMs
Mar 17, 2013 at 1:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

GonzaloM

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I was looking for the best portable system for IEMs and CIEMs, well I already own an Arrow 4G an iPod classic 7G 160Gb and an iPhone 5 64Gb.
I want to move a TF18s and a JH13s
With the Arrow and the classic both earphones sounds perfect, but with the iPhone 5 the sound isn´t as good as with the 7G and the arrow.
So I was looking for the best combo to move them with the classic and the iPhone couldn´t be used with the arrow without a DAC so I´m looking for a DAC or a DAC/AMP or a Combo of a DAC+AMP and if the Arrow 4G is included in the best better if not doesn´t matter I could sell it o buy a better one :wink:

My genres of listening are so wide and includes from classical and jazz to rock and even metal
atsmile.gif
, so I need a lot of polyvalence 

Thanks
Gonzalo

Mar 17, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Hi,
I was looking for the best portable system for IEMs and CIEMs, well I already own an Arrow 4G an iPod classic 7G 160Gb and an iPhone 5 64Gb.
I want to move a TF18s and a JH13s
With the Arrow and the classic both earphones sounds perfect, but with the iPhone 5 the sound isn´t as good as with the 7G and the arrow.
So I was looking for the best combo to move them with the classic and the iPhone couldn´t be used with the arrow without a DAC so I´m looking for a DAC or a DAC/AMP or a Combo of a DAC+AMP and if the Arrow 4G is included in the best better if not doesn´t matter I could sell it o buy a better one :wink:

My genres of listening are so wide and includes from classical and jazz to rock and even metal
atsmile.gif
, so I need a lot of polyvalence 

Thanks
Gonzalo

Didn't you already make a thread regarding this? If I recall correctly, you didn't get much help in your past thread... you might want to post in the recommendations thread, or do some research on your own. I the topic is vast, and "best" is a vague word to throw around. If you are looking for something to work with your appple devices your choices are very limited unfortunately...

Sony PHA-1
Fostex HP-P1
ALO Audio CLAS (only DAC, would need an amp coupled)

Mar 17, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #3 of 3
Yeah, I made another thread in other sub forum and I thought later that the correct location was this.
I made some research but I don´t know why I couldn´t find any chart or graphic about the Alo Audio products or in the Cypher Labs Solo -dB and less even for the combo made by the Alo Audio RXMK3-B+Algorithm Solo -dB I know that for Apple devices the options are limited but I think that some people could help me to choose between the combo I mentioned or going for the Leckerton UHA-6S MKII or other option is better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back