HELP! Cat chewed my D2000 cord in two!
Jul 5, 2012 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Copyright

100+ Head-Fier
Well the fat little sucker finally did it.. he snuck behind me and chewed through my headphone cable.. so now I need a replacement cable for my Denon AH-D2000 cans.  Does anyone offer re-cable kits?  I might as well upgrade them while I am at it!  Thanks for any info!

Jul 6, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #2 of 5
Jul 6, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #3 of 5
Copyright, I recabled my D5000 last weekend and posted a how-to in the DIY forum. If you have the tools and a bit of soldering experience, it's a pretty easy job. Not counting the 2ft of nylon multifilament sleeving I used, the cost of the recable was $80 (includes shipping) for the the wire, 3.5mm plug and y-splitter. And you can definitely go cheaper on the plug and splitter.

If you don't want to mess with the cable assembly, send me a PM. Maybe we can work out a deal for my old cable.

*Not trying to take business from Lawton Audio. The markl mods done of my D5000 have been superb and are highly recommended.

Jul 6, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #4 of 5
I usually have a half dozen headphones hangin' out on a rack. My two cats, without fail, always go for the D7000's cable. Good luck with the fix.

Aug 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #5 of 5
Sent them off to Zynsonix.. haveing the dynamat mod done as well as double sleeving etc to help with cats.. I plan on keeping them out of reach of course now.  I also got the furutech 1/4" end.  I realize I could probably do this my self..but Im lazy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back