Help! Broken Westone 3's : can these be repaired?
Sep 12, 2018 at 6:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

miguelpp

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

So... this just happened:
upload_2018-9-12_11-24-11.png

As I was getting ready to replace the tips, one of them seems to have glued to the monitor, and it broke it when I attempted to pull it harder.

Do you know if there is something I can do? Perhaps if the shell is replaceable and where I could purchase it...
I'm from Portugal, so any recommendations on where I could buy parts (or have it serviced) in Europe should be fine.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #2 of 6
You could try asking at a local HiFi shop if they could repair them. Or try contacting Westone directly. I'd ask for an estimate and decide if it's worth the price.

Sep 12, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #3 of 6
Hi guys,

So... this just happened:

As I was getting ready to replace the tips, one of them seems to have glued to the monitor, and it broke it when I attempted to pull it harder.

Do you know if there is something I can do? Perhaps if the shell is replaceable and where I could purchase it...
I'm from Portugal, so any recommendations on where I could buy parts (or have it serviced) in Europe should be fine.

Thanks!

When I broke the little rod inside the MMCX conncetor on my old SE-425 they just replaced all the earpiece. Expect to pay half of what they cost.

Sep 13, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #4 of 6
Are they still on manufacturer warranty?
I would be shocked if that is not covered by warranty...
If not, that is one bad spot to break! I would call westone direct.

Sep 13, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #5 of 6
You could try asking at a local HiFi shop if they could repair them. Or try contacting Westone directly. I'd ask for an estimate and decide if it's worth the price.
Thanks. Submitted a message through their contact form this morning. Let us wait n see

When I broke the little rod inside the MMCX conncetor on my old SE-425 they just replaced all the earpiece. Expect to pay half of what they cost.
That would actually be great... for an out-of-warranty product, I would probably feel happy with that resolution.
Problem here is they are not selling the 3's for quite some time, I believe. So they would have to match them to their equivalent product, probably. Pretty curious if that is a scenario they would consider!

Are they still on manufacturer warranty?
I would be shocked if that is not covered by warranty...
If not, that is one bad spot to break! I would call westone direct.
Nope, not on warranty (not even close...)

Sep 13, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #6 of 6
Westone 3's are not made any more so a swop for the 30 plus the difference would be the most likely outcome assuming you got them from an authorized dealer. I had the same thing happen years ago to a pair of westone 2's, but managed to get the dealer I got them from to exchange next day thankfully. IF westone can't suggest anything you could look into getting them reshelled into customs perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back