Help: Best IEM's for House/Techno/Trance Music $50-$80
Sep 28, 2010 at 7:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

JojoDanker19

New Head-Fier
I am looking for a set of IEM, to mainly listen to House, Techno and Trance music, I just got into thewhole Audiophile world but have very little knowledge and experience, I was initially going to buy a set of Audio Technicas ATH M50s for my computer, since I have a pretty amazing sound Card ( Asus Xonar DX). Anyway I have been looking over some reviews on the site and narrowed based on SQ and Value ratings to the  Sherwood SE-777 or the Head Direct R0. It would be amazing if you could could provide me with some feedback and suggestions.  I was playing on getting a Sansa fuze and rockbox it, but its not in stone yet, I really have no idea what player to get, the cowans are a bit expensive and hard to get in Canada, plus memory expansion is a must, i run mostly 320kbps tracks . Please advice!        Thanks!

I think I forgot to mention that their purpose will be for working out at the gym, walking to school, and waiting at the airport since i will be buying some cans after to listen indoors

Sep 28, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #2 of 10
I would not suggest RE0 for House/Trance and especially not for techno. Re0 does however do good with some genres of trance (i am not too familiar with house, so can not comment further on house music)

Sep 29, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #5 of 10
IMO RE0 is just about adequate for trance music. Reason behind it is its bass is quite fast which i think what trance music needs

Oct 3, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #7 of 10

The FA Eternas are pretty much extinct, I haven't been able to find the V1s anywhere.... if I can find a good deal on the Klipsch s4 then maybe, I am currently awaiting on purchasing  pre owned Denon C551ks .. anybody has any experience with these?

Thanks for everybody who has posted.

Quote:
FA Eterna or Klipsch S4

I listen to a lot of electronic music and both of those handle the genre well

Oct 3, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #8 of 10
You definitely won't find a v1 around easily. I think the one I had up for sale before I traded it a couple days ago was one of the last that can easily be bought. I don';t think the S4 is fast enough for trance really however.

Oct 4, 2010 at 5:53 AM Post #9 of 10
^Pretty much what rawrster said, I sold my v1 about 2 weeks ago now, they aren't around anymore because Fischer replaced them with the v2 in June. I'd go with the eterna over the s4 for trance. What's wrong with the v2? They won't be that dissimilar to the v1. i haven't heard the c551.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back