(HELP) ATH - M50x vs BeyerDynamic DT770 32ohm for Electronic Music and Deep house
Feb 27, 2014 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

superclasss

New Head-Fier
Hey everybody,

I've been doing lots of research for which headphone is better. I'll use my headphone for daily use (gym, walking, house). However, I'm really interested in music and headphones. thats why i dont wanna make a wrong decision. I usually listen electro house, deep house or trance music and sometimes rock :) I realized M50's bass is more efficient and it is more detailed. On the other hand i think DT 770 has more clear sound but i couldnt have a chance to try this headphones with the type of songs i like. my only concern is about suitability of sound with Electronic and deep house music because i know M50x is more portable and comfortable. If u could help me i would be really appreciated. Also, my limit is $200. If u have better options please let me know.
I'll buy one of these headphones next week and M50x is a step ahead so far.

Thank u for your helps already now.

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #4 of 4
About comfort: the dt770 is extremely comfortable. I say this not only from personal experience but also from what I consider to be consensus, for what it's worth. At any rate, they are very comfortable headphones and they isolate decently. You have to get used to the sense of pressure though (I thought it was offputting at first, but you get used to it very easily). Also, I don't know about their drivers and other vulnerable parts but the exterior is seriously tough.

I have used them for deephouse and lounge and although I choose the HD600 for everything these days, I still think the dt770's are an obvious choice for those genres, with their great bass response. Years of growing accustomed to the HD600 makes it clear the DT770 are definitely on the strong side bass wise, but it's a very enjoyable bass, with a cavernous character to it, that's almost never overbearing. They generally do great with most electronic music, and they're not quite as resolving as the Sennheisers, which can often be an advantage since it can be quite a chore to find well recorded electronic music (although there's plenty out there if you know where to look, even for free!). I never thought they sounded harsh or anything, which seems to be a point of concern often raised by people. I just don't recognize that. In my experience they are audiophile headphones in that, just like the HD600, they sound great when the recording is great. I have also always been very pleased with how they render piano and guitars in particular.

Don't take this to mean as me choosing sides between the AT and the Beyer; it's just my personal opinion of the DT. I have no personal experience with the ATs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back