Help a stupid n00b!
Jun 5, 2004 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

LoN

New Head-Fier
ill keep this short and sweet. I just got a 15G iPod and im looking for a pair of nice headphones for at home/planes, etc and a pair of nice portable headphones/earbuds/canalphones that would be suitable for working out at the gym and also running.

only stipulation is under $150 combined price, comfortable, as good of sound quality as possible and i would prefer if the main phones had good isolation. for the portable ones some isolation is good, but i want to be able to react to noise around me.

ive been looking at a few things, but nothing hass jumped out at me right away as an answer.

Jun 5, 2004 at 11:08 PM Post #2 of 2
In your price range, looks like your best option is:
Senn PX200 for portable
And then either Audio Technica ATH500 for home use (headphone) or if you're more interested in canalphones, the Shure E2s

Although, if I may say, you might be able to solve your dual problem with one purchase by buying something like the Shure E3s or the Ety ER6s. I'd personally recommend the Shure E3s, because I've heard them and they're excellent, but I don't want to discount the Etymotics, as I've never heard them, but many people in here recommend them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back