[Help] A portable headphone/IEM recommendation
Mar 2, 2014 at 11:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

JupiterM

New Head-Fier
I'm thinking about buying a on-the-way headphone/IEM. So far the best headphone I've owned is a AKG Q460, but I'm thinking about taking a step forward. Either a portable headphone (and it has to be NOT bulky, thus "portable") or an in-ear is fine, what I'm more interested in is music quality. I listen to classical and new age most of the time, and I tend to focus more on the highs and mid-highs, so-so on the mids and less on the bass. The few times where I pay more attention on bass is the occasional pop and dance music.
My budget so far is about $500, and so far I like the Sennheiser ie80 a lot. However, I would like to hear more opinions on this rather than focus on only one choice. Any other options are welcome, and it'll be even better if it has good noise isolation, if not active noise cancellation. In another way, the top criterion is the sound quality, and it'll be a plus if can have better NI/NC. (And since we are one this topic, how is the noise isolation of ie80?)
And since the point for this one is portability, so it should be driven by my iPhone or iPad without the need of an amp.
Thanks guys :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back