Help a noobie out! (IEM Recommendation)
May 8, 2008 at 9:12 AM Post #17 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you mean that we can only select something from that website?

Yep. I guess with the exception of the Grados most of them are available. I'll take another look.

EDIT - Looks like that website is down right now.

May 9, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #18 of 33
I have finally narrowed it down to the K518DJ... Before realizing that I will get a lot of looks and comments from others. Since they are not too expensive I MIGHT to get a pair of those for use at home, but I need some IEMs for use outside use.

But the only IEM that was recommended and I can get is the JBL Reference 220.

I'd like more opinions for an IEM.

May 9, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #19 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by giordun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But the only IEM that was recommended and I can get is the JBL Reference 220.

I'd like more opinions for an IEM.

Do you not have access to any of the Etymotic models?? What about any Sennheiser or Shure IEM's??

I wouldn't get the JBL's, you can get a lot better for around the same price range!

May 9, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by x-kevin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you not have access to any of the Etymotic models?? What about any Sennheiser or Shure IEM's??

I wouldn't get the JBL's, you can get a lot better for around the same price range!

If it's on

headphonehk.com

I can get it.

May 9, 2008 at 4:00 PM Post #21 of 33
They have the JVC FX33's, the Marshmallows.... if you only want to spend ~$20, those are probably a good choice.

But they also have Etymotic and Ultimate Ears IEM's... see what's in your price range and go from there. They do have a decent selection of IEM's.

May 9, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #22 of 33
My price range is about $100 US, so anything up to around $700/$800 is fine on that site.

May 9, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #23 of 33
i think you should the FX66, for a few reasons:
Super.fi 3 ain't that good.
Ety ER-6i is bass-shy.
Shure entry level IEMs aren't so good.
Sennheiser- if you can get a CX400 it might be worth it. the CX300 isn't.

May 10, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #26 of 33
What if I don't want those with those weird triangular tip things?

EDIT - I won't buy the Head-Direct ones. Even if I could I have this issue with technology being made in China.

May 10, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #28 of 33
Wow I'm really stuck.

I think that store has a pretty good price for the AKG 518DJs (About $62.5)

The Marshmallows are at around $24

The CX400 are at 76.3

The JBL Reference 220s are at about $62.5 as well, but someone said that I can do better in that price range.

I'm really looking at this as a 1 time serious investment so I won't just buy any random one. Maybe I'll do it for the Marshmallows.

Come on Head-Fi help me make the decision!

May 11, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #29 of 33
Unfortunately there is only so much "you should buy this exact headphone" that can be said... it does come down to what YOU want to buy, and how much you want to spend.

If you have it limited down to 2 or 3 headphones then just do a search for each around the net and especially in these forums... see what people have to say about them, and if it sounds like something you would like, then go from there.

May 11, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #30 of 33
I understand but I want a few more options to consider. I think JVC Marshmallows will be fine as sort of 'beater' earphones, and maybe the AKG 518DJ for home use if I have the money but I want to get a good pair of IEM that are good for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back