Help a newbie? Difference between O2 and O2+ODAC
Feb 14, 2014 at 10:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

itd7

New Head-Fier
Greetings people!

I have been getting interested in high-quality sound equipment recently, and as a result of that I'm thinking of getting either a Sennheiser HD600 or HD650, but if you're going to spend such a big amount of money on a pair of headsets, you might aswell go all the way and also get a quality amplifier right?

So here's my question:
What's the difference between the Objective2 and the Objective2+ODAC, I don't get it?
Something to note is that I'm planning to use this setup with my desktop computer only, for which I allready have a soundcard by the name of Asus Xonar Dx? So do I need the ODAC version which is quite a lot more expensive, or can I just settle with the O2 alone?

Kind regards
Magnus

Feb 14, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #2 of 4
The O2 is just the amp the O2+ODAC is the amp plus DAC combo.  Your soundcard already acts as a DAC and amp actually.

I think the first step is upgrading your reference listening material and your headphones.  If your current soundcard ( i.e. DAC and amp ) already sound great with a new headphone and some new tunes then you will save yourself some serious money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back