Helm Audio Bolt + Moondrop Blessing 2 (volume is too low)
Feb 6, 2022 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

hong8311

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I just got Helm bolt as my portable DAC to drive Moondrop Blessing 2 but very disappointed. I used to have Sennheiser MTW2 and Sony XM4, but for better clarity in sound, I purchased those two gears. While the clarity and separation are there, I am not happy with its volume. I usually listen MTW2 and XM4 pairing with Samsung Galaxy 20 as one or two volume below the highest level. And this Helm bolt doesn't get even close to that.

The biggest reason I chose Bolt is its size. I know there are some portable dacs that can certainly drive IEM with ample power such as ifi hipdac, but I'd like to stay with dongle Dac because my major use of IEM is occasional walking.

My question is:
1) Would it be noticeably better if I use Hidizs S9?
2) Any other suggestions under $200 that has a similar size that can resolve the volume issue? (I am open to used)

Thanks!

Feb 7, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #4 of 6
Considering that Helm Audio has these two products as their primary offerings, they should have a lot of testing time between them, so this same-company-pairing should prove to be very good.

Feb 12, 2022 at 1:53 AM Post #5 of 6
Hey guys,

I just got Helm bolt as my portable DAC to drive Moondrop Blessing 2 but very disappointed. I used to have Sennheiser MTW2 and Sony XM4, but for better clarity in sound, I purchased those two gears. While the clarity and separation are there, I am not happy with its volume. I usually listen MTW2 and XM4 pairing with Samsung Galaxy 20 as one or two volume below the highest level. And this Helm bolt doesn't get even close to that.

The biggest reason I chose Bolt is its size. I know there are some portable dacs that can certainly drive IEM with ample power such as ifi hipdac, but I'd like to stay with dongle Dac because my major use of IEM is occasional walking.

My question is:
1) Would it be noticeably better if I use Hidizs S9?
2) Any other suggestions under $200 that has a similar size that can resolve the volume issue? (I am open to used)

Thanks!
Hi,

I personally own an iFi Go Blu and beside the rather weak antennae (the signal sometimes cuts out for a brief sudden if I put my phone in another pocket while walking outside in a busy street) it can comfortably drive my Blessing 2 Dusk at around 25% volume.
Additionally, this may be of use:
I found it very informational though I found the video after the Go Blu purchase.

Feb 13, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #6 of 6
Hi,

I personally own an iFi Go Blu and beside the rather weak antennae (the signal sometimes cuts out for a brief sudden if I put my phone in another pocket while walking outside in a busy street) it can comfortably drive my Blessing 2 Dusk at around 25% volume.
Additionally, this may be of use:
I found it very informational though I found the video after the Go Blu purchase.

hey, I contacted helm audio and they sent me an unofficial firmware. They claimed Galaxy 21s does not work as volume Helm audio set.
With the firmware, I am ok with volume though I have no way to know if this is Helm audio targeted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back