Hello Todd im after Grado Flat Pads
Mar 14, 2004 at 2:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

ROSSOred

Banned
Hello Todd or anyone else for that matter. Im wishing to change my bowl pads on my RS-1s for the flat pads. These darn bowl pads r giving me ear ache.

My question is, how do i fit the flat pads on these headphones? Do ur pads come with instructions? I dont wanna damage my headphones i spent too much on them.

Also whats the shipping to UK? Give me a deal fella and i'll love u for life!

Mar 14, 2004 at 3:13 AM Post #2 of 36
well, there's a very difficult process for removing grado pads.

You pull.

Just pick a side somewhere, and pull the pad off.

To put one one, just press it on, wiggle it a bit, fidget it to get it seated nicely all around, and you're all set.

You can pull them off and put them on many, many, many times before you'd ever need to be worried about wearing them out.

Mar 15, 2004 at 4:16 AM Post #3 of 36
The Grado pads are easily removed and put on. Thanks The_Mac for your reply and correct answer on the pads.

I can ship the Grado Pads via Global Priority to the UK for $10 for a total of $40. I have plenty in stock!

Todd

Mar 15, 2004 at 12:33 PM Post #4 of 36
I just got mine from Todd...and they are good
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2004 at 8:57 PM Post #6 of 36
I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my flat's from Todd.

I squashed my bowl's some time ago on my RS1's and 225's, but I have to see if the flat's sound better than my squashed bowl's.

Best wishes,

Paul.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2004 at 3:08 AM Post #7 of 36
darn it... i jsut bought the vwaps(modified sennheiser pads) and although they are comfortable... they suck... my 225s sound muddy... why didn't i learn of the flat pads first.... poopinschnoogin
mad.gif

i hope my soon to be gone 30 bucks will be well spent...

Mar 28, 2004 at 9:47 AM Post #9 of 36
I've just recently received two pairs of Grado Flat Pads from Todd for my RS1's and 225's, and it's a great improvement over the bowls.

I'm getting very intimate with Britney's lush, warm, sexy voice, the RS1's with the Flat's are really putting me and Britney "In The Zone", touching first bass.!!!

Listen to "In The Zone" before you mock Britney.!!!

Best wishes,

Paul.

Apr 2, 2004 at 10:59 PM Post #10 of 36
i just got the flat pads today, and my headaches are gone! that alone is worth getting them! oh yes they make the phones sound nicer too

Apr 5, 2004 at 1:36 PM Post #12 of 36
You bet they do number9,

The Grados's become less bright, more bass, and more intimate, especially with female vocals.

Best wishes,

Paul.

Quote:

Originally posted by Number9
Do the flat pads change the presentation in some way?

That's one of my major gripes with Grado's, is that they seem to project the sound between my ears too much.

Apr 13, 2004 at 4:45 AM Post #13 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by chiefroastbeef
darn it... i jsut bought the vwaps(modified sennheiser pads) and although they are comfortable... they suck... my 225s sound muddy... why didn't i learn of the flat pads first.... poopinschnoogin
mad.gif

i hope my soon to be gone 30 bucks will be well spent...

I hope you are NOT talking about the vwap flat pads that go for $15.00 in these parts because between the Grado Flats and the vwap flats - I pick the vwap flats anyday.

The Grado Flats improve the bass energy at the cost of the high end which makes the grado SR-225 and 325 sound muddy. The vwap on the other hand leave the highs where they should be and improve the lower end into a tight controlled bass which goes rather deep in comparison with comfies and bowls.

I rate the vwap flats higher than the grado flats...

May 4, 2004 at 5:32 AM Post #14 of 36
Honestly, I'm with gsferrari on this one. I'd take reverse bowls (my favorite) or vwap (aka modded senn) pads over the flats anyday. We seem to be a minority around here but I think the lesson is that don't assume that the flat pads will necessarily be the best for you. But for those who love flats Cheers--what ever floats your boat.
rs1smile.gif

May 4, 2004 at 8:56 AM Post #15 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
between the Grado Flats and the vwap flats - I pick the vwap flats anyday.

I dont mean to thread crap, or disrespect Todd in anyway since he sells the flats & this is his forum, but I agree with gsferrari & patrick hat with choosing the vwap over the flats. I think they both sound somewhat the same, but the vwap pads doesnt feel like sandpaper to my ears
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back